Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leap card questions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Any chance there'll be free travel with Leap cards on Feb 29th for the Leap year? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The new 1916 Commemorative Leap Family card is available from next week and I'm curious is this the first commemorative/non-standard design leap card to be produced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

What is Leap/NTA's policy on retailers adding a surcharge to leap card top-ups?

I was getting lunch in a shop that is practically on a Luas platform earlier and wanted to top up my card. The shop wanted 50 cent on top of a €10 so I didn't take it and topped up my card at the Luas stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

howiya wrote: »
    What is Leap/NTA's policy on retailers adding a surcharge to leap card top-ups?

I was getting lunch in a shop that is practically on a Luas platform earlier and wanted to top up my card. The shop wanted 50 cent on top of a €10 so I didn't take it and topped up my card at the Luas stop

Surcharge OK for credit card usage. Not OK otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

My local MACE Has started charging €0.50 per transaction on Leapcard.
    I was onto leapcard.ie and they told me that they sometimes charge a fee for Credit or debit card transactions, I was paying in cash and they still asked for the fee ( I told them what to do with it)
    Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bistoman wrote: »
    I was onto leapcard.ie and they told me that they sometimes charge a fee for Credit or debit card transactions, I was paying in cash and they still asked for the fee ( I told them what to do with it)

Read the two posts above yours

They are breaking their deal with Payzone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bistoman wrote: »
    Make a complaint to the NTA, including the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Victor wrote: »
    Make a complaint to the NTA, including the details.

I contacted the store owner, She told Me they Don't charge anything but she would talk to the staff member.
    I got a message this morning
    Hi *, I spoken with the sales assisant who was serving you there may have been an misunderstanding on that day. We definately do not charge any additional charge for the Leap card top-ups. Regards *

Now there was no understanding My behalf, The staff member was adamant that I could not top up without paying the fee.
    It bothers Me that I was probley not the first person to top up when that staff member was on, Who knows how long people ware being overcharged?

I suppose I'll just have to take the owners word it was a mistake, And get on with it.
    But remember the next time some "Staff" member tries this, Its wrong and they cant charge extra.

Advertisement