Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renault Mullingar Half Marathon

Options
  • 26-01-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

This event is running again this year in Aid of Childline.

It is in Mullingar on St. Patrick's Day

info in on their FB page and registration is through active.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Did this race last year & couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

What's the course like? Looking for a tune-up half and this fits in with the plan. Any recommendations on a hotel to stay in near the startline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

RubyK wrote: »
    What's the course like? Looking for a tune-up half and this fits in with the plan. Any recommendations on a hotel to stay in near the startline?

Regards hotels in the town your looking at The Greville Arms Hotel and Annebrook House Hotel. Annebrook is the more modern and I think the race started practically on its front door last year. I wouldn't be a fan of the Greville Arms bit old and run down. If your looking at outside of town Bloomfield House Hotel is set in the grounds of the Belvedere estate and is nice. Danny Byrnes or Canton Caseys for liquid refreshment if your hanging around after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Many thanks tang1, that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

RubyK wrote: »

Course is quite flat with the only small pull was up the flyover at around halfway. The last 5 miles are along the canal with a nice compacted surface to run on. The Annebrook hotel was race HQ last year, with start & finish about 200m away.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/722355077

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Chasing Shadows

Just looking at the Facebook page, the reduced price entry ends tomorrow!

Hmmm, could be about to register for my first half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Just found this now. Might sign up for this. Recently done the Trim 10 mile. Does anyone know if the have pacers and if so what pace they do. I'm looking to go under 1.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Just found this now. Might sign up for this. Recently done the Trim 10 mile. Does anyone know if the have pacers and if so what pace they do. I'm looking to go under 1.40

Pacers – 1:30, 1:45. 2:00 and 2:15

Advertisement