Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing eircom router

Options
  • 26-01-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys. I'm looking for a bit of help and advice concerning my eircom router. I recently signed up with eircom as it's the only decent thing in my area but I'm having trouble keeping my phone connected to the wifi. Originally I just thought it was my phone but it works perfectly on other wifi networks and now the wife's Is playing up on it too. I have a Vodafone signal booster connected to it as well and I'm missing calls too as it's not staying connected. I'm thinking of changing the router to see if this helps but I know nothing about them. Any help be greatly appreciated. Currently using 2 ethernet ports constantly and then wifi for 2 phones and occasionally a laptop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Look into changing channel first. Get a Wi-Fi analyser app for your smartphone and change channel to one with least interference

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're using a sure signal I'm 99% sure its wired. So forget wifi issues, forget the modem and get onto eirs support guys about intermittent sync.

Advertisement