Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid but nothing appearing

Options
  • 26-01-2016 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

I've also fired off an email to hello@boards.ie but not sure whether here would be more appropriate place to raise the issue.

So, I decided to pay a fiver to show a bit of solidarity with site after the crap that's been going on, but despite my payment going through I can't get rid of adverts (when my ad blocker is turned off) and don't have access to FCL and am unable to change my avatar. My control panel looks no different and the subscription page doesn't acknowledge I have a sub at all.

I sent the transaction ID to hello@

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Assuming the recent measures to DDoS proof the site haven't interfered, but even normally it can take a good few hours, sometimes more than a day for the change to be recognised, since boards.ie is dependent upon receiving confirmation from Paypal. How long has it been since the transaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Thought the last time I paid (on another account) it was instant, but my recollection is probably wrong, I'll wait out, it has only been minutes. Thanks.

Over 24 hours now, no reply from my email to hello@boards.ie, is there a better email address I could try?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It'll need the office to check why it hasn't gone through. But that is the correct address to use.

Spear wrote: »
    It'll need the office to check why it hasn't gone through. But that is the correct address to use.

Thats fine then thanks, I'll plug away with that email address, feel free to lock this for tidyness sake.

Edit: Niamh has sorted this out for me. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Yup, I can see you're in the subs group now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement