Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

janeybaby wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was in touch with management suite twice since 9th May regarding the garden maintenance. First information I received was that the developers landscaping company maintain the gardens for the initial 12 months and after this warranty expires, they are maintained by the management company. As both use the same company I was advised that management company could ask the landscapers directly as a favor. I was advised their next visit was the following Monday/Tuesday and that they would take a look at removing and replanting the dead plants / shrubs.

On 11th June I followed up as nothing had been done and was told that everywhere on RCA had been sprayed but no replanting will be done during the dry spell as the plants would die immediately in the heat. Landscapers were due on site again earlier this week but I'm not sure if they were or not. Has anyone noticed if their gardens have been even weeded or are looking a bit tidier this week?

Will this just happen for all the gardens at the same time or does it actually have to be requested? I would assume they would just do all the gardens together right? I haven't noticed anything been done on my front garden yet, have been in my house longer than a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I asked for a few dead plants to be replaced some time back and it hasn't happened yet.

The management company are usually quick to resolve issues so I think it's probably a holdup at the developers side. I may remind the management company of my request again.

I've noticed some of the front gardens are starting to suffer from the dry spell.
    It's probably worth giving them an occasional water in very dry weather, but they may be sturdy plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

janeybaby wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was in touch with management suite twice since 9th May regarding the garden maintenance. First information I received was that the developers landscaping company maintain the gardens for the initial 12 months and after this warranty expires, they are maintained by the management company. As both use the same company I was advised that management company could ask the landscapers directly as a favor. I was advised their next visit was the following Monday/Tuesday and that they would take a look at removing and replanting the dead plants / shrubs.

On 11th June I followed up as nothing had been done and was told that everywhere on RCA had been sprayed but no replanting will be done during the dry spell as the plants would die immediately in the heat. Landscapers were due on site again earlier this week but I'm not sure if they were or not. Has anyone noticed if their gardens have been even weeded or are looking a bit tidier this week?

We got in touch with the management company last week also, pointed out that there was a portion of the management fees associated with upkeep of the flowerbeds and with the general landscaping / grounds keeping.
    We were told the same about the spraying last week, but that the grounds maintenance staff would be around again on Monday / Tuesday just gone by to check all the beds.
    The weeds were cleared from our beds on on Tuesday evening. Our beds were particularly bad so maybe they just focused in on the most obvious areas.

Separately we're a bit disappointed in the overall mix of planting. Most of the beds are very poorly planted in comparison to those that were planted at the showhouse.

bluemc wrote: »
    We got in touch with the management company last week also, pointed out that there was a portion of the management fees associated with upkeep of the flowerbeds and with the general landscaping / grounds keeping.
    We were told the same about the spraying last week, but that the grounds maintenance staff would be around again on Monday / Tuesday just gone by to check all the beds.
    The weeds were cleared from our beds on on Tuesday evening. Our beds were particularly bad so maybe they just focused in on the most obvious areas.

Separately we're a bit disappointed in the overall mix of planting. Most of the beds are very poorly planted in comparison to those that were planted at the showhouse.

Totally agree regarding the show house. I wonder is there anything as a group we could get done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

we could all email the management company individually, followed up by a group email. demonstrate we do talk and its a community they are dealing with.

<snip> is the management company email. Anyone who wants me to add them to a group mail in a week or so pm on your name and email address.

On another note, does the water pipe in the utility of your house stick out of the ground in an inconvenient way? Here's ours? Its concreted in so not easily movable. (its the brass fitting sticking out of the ground in this image)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADiRGaZ1uoaSQ6Un7

It makes fitting shelves or presses a bit more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Speaking of shelves and cabinets in the utility room, has anyone any photos of what they have put in there? Ideally we'd like some type of secure cabinet for the internet modem. But also we'd love to be able to store all our cleaning products, laundry basket, mops, ironing board and about a hundred other things! (I think I'm probably just getting carried away at the idea of having a utility room given my current kitchen is around the same size). It would be great to see how others make the best use of the space.

Also, our other big novelty will be a clothes line (8 years of apartment living!). Are people able to tie the ends of the line to the fences? I'd prefer a long line over one of those fold up ones.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Forumsie wrote: »
    Speaking of shelves and cabinets in the utility room, has anyone any photos of what they have put in there? Ideally we'd like some type of secure cabinet for the internet modem. But also we'd love to be able to store all our cleaning products, laundry basket, mops, ironing board and about a hundred other things! (I think I'm probably just getting carried away at the idea of having a utility room given my current kitchen is around the same size). It would be great to see how others make the best use of the space.

Also, our other big novelty will be a clothes line (8 years of apartment living!). Are people able to tie the ends of the line to the fences? I'd prefer a long line over one of those fold up ones.

Thanks

We got cabinets from IKEA for the walls, It cost about 300 euros or so with very basic doors, They were simple to build and install, Basically you install a rail on the wall ( Make sure it goes into some joists) and then the cabinets hang on the rail.

Nhol78 wrote: »
    We got cabinets from IKEA for the walls, It cost about 300 euros or so with very basic doors, They were simple to build and install, Basically you install a rail on the wall ( Make sure it goes into some joists) and then the cabinets hang on the rail.

Looks great, you've really made the most of the space. Do you do nixers ;) ?!

Looks great, you've really made the most of the space. Do you do nixers ;) ?!

I like this setup also. Which cabinets from IKEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Go into them with the measurements, we went for 1 meter high cabinets which leaves plenty of space below, All of the shells are the same, just pick cheap doors which the little spring switch that opens the door, They will do the design up there for you, Also don't forget about the light in your design.
    Also note that you will not be putting cabinets on the wall where the alarm panel is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Could anyone in an Ash who put a tv in the main living room, put some pics please?

Also, has anyone made any alterations to under the stairs so that it could be used to store bicycles?

Has anyone heard anything about when the new Camden phase will be ready for snagging? I was told mid July by my solicitor a few months ago. I was rightly sceptical on that one!

I was there a few weeks ago and saw good progress but no drive ways or fences etc. So hard to say. Will someone from Ballymore ring me and say it's ready for snagging now? And assuming the snagging takes 2 weeks or so, how long til it's fully closed and we get keys? I'm just excited to get in and start making it a home now! And also to meet my new neighbours after 8 years of anonymous apartment living

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Looking at Ashtown, I would be interested in buying here, does anyone know if development will continue into late 2019 ?

steo_magra wrote: »
    Looking at Ashtown, I would be interested in buying here, does anyone know if development will continue into late 2019 ?

The next phase in Camden Royal Canal Park is due for release this Autumn. There are probably more releases of Rathborne Park too. I'd suggest you sign up for updates with Sherry Fitz and whoever the agent is for Rathborne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

The next phase in Camden Royal Canal Park is due for release this Autumn. There are probably more releases of Rathborne Park too. I'd suggest you sign up for updates with Sherry Fitz and whoever the agent is for Rathborne

I have done this already thanks! Keeping a close eye out :D

steo_magra wrote: »
    I have done this already thanks! Keeping a close eye out :D

Definitely keep a close eye as you can rely on those estate agents to call you for launches. Depending on your timing/circumstances it can be worth registering for cancellations too. I know there were a few available even in the most recent phase after they all sold on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

I was informed that the Camden Royal Canal Park is due for release this Autumn but that there is not dates for the Rathborne.

Do you think the prices will go up? No mention of prices anywhere I looked.

Really considering buying one of the 3bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Pokas wrote: »
    I was informed that the Camden Royal Canal Park is due for release this Autumn but that there is not dates for the Rathborne.

Do you think the prices will go up? No mention of prices anywhere I looked.

Really considering buying one of the 3bed.

The 3 beds have been consistently going up and rounded approx. 6% since the start . Hope this helps .

It's also the availability rather than the price that's the problem.
    Be prepared to queue days in advance the moment you hear a rumour of a block going on sale.

If you can't do that because of family or work commitments then you are at a disadvantage/out of the game.

The developers everywhere still haven't come up with a standard way of handling the queues.

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything about when the new Camden phase will be ready for snagging? I was told mid July by my solicitor a few months ago. I was rightly sceptical on that one!

I was there a few weeks ago and saw good progress but no drive ways or fences etc. So hard to say. Will someone from Ballymore ring me and say it's ready for snagging now? And assuming the snagging takes 2 weeks or so, how long til it's fully closed and we get keys? I'm just excited to get in and start making it a home now! And also to meet my new neighbours after 8 years of anonymous apartment living

Has anyone who lives there seen any sign of fences or driveways yet? I haven't been up in a few weeks. Hard to gauge when we'll get the call saying it's ready for snagging with the builders holidays coming up

Ballymore are fixing an issue with our hallway.
    A sort of expansion crack formed on part of the drywall.
    It's nothing particularly serious but certainly needed to be repaired and we would need to watch if it reoccurs.
    I think they are also doing some work on other homes.

Can you post or pm me what they are working on for you as I would like to check anything which might affect us also.
    Thanks.

It's nothing particularly serious but certainly needed to be repaired and we would need to watch if it reoccurs.

Can you post or pm me what they are working on for you as I would like to check anything which might affect us also.
    Thanks.

I'd also be interested in this. Also pictures to know what to look for would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Has anyone who lives there seen any sign of fences or driveways yet? I haven't been up in a few weeks. Hard to gauge when we'll get the call saying it's ready for snagging with the builders holidays coming up

You need to ask Ballymore what their projected date is.

Keithchap wrote: »
    You need to ask Ballymore what their projected date is.

Their solicitors told me mid July! Thanks, I'll try again but they're very reluctant to give an indication as I think they think it commits them

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Thanks.

We do have some expansion cracks as well, but were told by Ballymore that no repairs will be done after our 18 months grace period since obtaining the keys expired. They cracks are not that serious anyway; a paint touch-up will take care of most of them.

With one exception: one of our door frames started to shift, and one side has moved already about 5mm inside. I've been sanding the door to let it close, but it got to the stage where I may need to shave the door from the hinges side and push the hinges inside, as the handle lockout and strike plate are about to scrape against each other. So watch for door frames contracting as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Elektroduende

Hi everyone,

We also bought in the Camden phase, have tried to reach to Ballymore/Sherry Fitz but haven't heard anything for the snagging date.

For anyone that is currently living in a Heron would like your advice in a few things.

For the master bedroom, which bed size did you go with? Just wondering if a 6ft would be too big or if a 5ft would be too small :)

Also, we were thinking on roller blackout blinds and some of the blinds companies seem to have a maximum of 2.5m for the blind length and we measured the master bedroom windows to be around 2.7m - so they suggested stitching the extra but we were wondering about the join mark. What have you guys done?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

We also bought in the Camden phase, have tried to reach to Ballymore/Sherry Fitz but haven't heard anything for the snagging date.

For anyone that is currently living in a Heron would like your advice in a few things.

For the master bedroom, which bed size did you go with? Just wondering if a 6ft would be too big or if a 5ft would be too small :)

Also, we were thinking on roller blackout blinds and some of the blinds companies seem to have a maximum of 2.5m for the blind length and we measured the master bedroom windows to be around 2.7m - so they suggested stitching the extra but we were wondering about the join mark. What have you guys done?

Thanks!

I went with a 5ft, but you could probably fit a 6ft handy enough. Wouldn't say 5ft feels too small for the room, but if you prefer a 6ft then you have space. Hard bit would be getting it up the stairs.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Go with a different company, we just got them install, full length, no stitches.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Go with a different company, we just got them install, full length, no stitches.

+1 We also went with a different company that can do full length. One or two that we requested quotes from mentioned stitching, so we went elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

We also went with a 5ft bed and find it plenty big. We wanted to keep the room feeling as spacious as possible plus leave space for other things - that was our mindset.
    I know others have went for 6ft, it comes down to personal preference - the hardest thing is getting the mattress up the stairs! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We went with a Super king
    6*6.5 Feet
    Its big but fits well in the room

was an absolute mother to get up the stairs took 3 very strong people

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

Hi, we were thinking of getting some under stairs storage installed. We are in a Heron, anyone have any recommendations?

Did you have to get someone to move the light switch first or do the guys installing the storage normally also do that

• Registered Users Posts: 40 1dav

Hi, we were thinking of getting some under stairs storage installed. We are in a Heron, anyone have any recommendations?

Did you have to get someone to move the light switch first or do the guys installing the storage normally also do that

Hi,

Would you please post some pics of the storage and pricing please.

Thanks

PM sent.

Could you send me company name also please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dazamataz

Hi,
    Does anyone know if we need to treat the back garden fences?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

dazamataz wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if we need to treat the back garden fences?

Go on then buy them some chocolate! If it was me I would definitely paint the new timber. Don't be shy about giving it 3 coats - the better sealed the timber is the longer it will last. People give one coat, it looks a different colour so they presume it is done. The 1st couple of coats will only soak into the timber, then the next coats will protect the surface.

Yes I think they need to be treated.
    They are smooth planed timber rather than rough. Some fence treatment is only suitable for rough.

I thought they had been treated already? They look like they have been, probably at the factory. Even so, no harm in some extra coats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

It worth a mail to the developer to check, but I would have assumed no treatment is needed.

The fence is hollow meaning you can't treat the inside so if it's not trated , it's doomed even if you do treat the outside of your side.

Your also depending on your neighbor to treat their side.

Has anyone got a recommendation for a network guy/electrician to come in and make the rj45 plates active and activate that loop in the hall so we can put the modem and alarm etc in the utility room? I assume it's better to do this before we attempt to get the broadband connected?

Can you please PM me the approximate cost and contact details? Thanks

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a recommendation for a network guy/electrician to come in and make the rj45 plates active and activate that loop in the hall so we can put the modem and alarm etc in the utility room? I assume it's better to do this before we attempt to get the broadband connected?

Can you please PM me the approximate cost and contact details? Thanks

I need to do this also. Already have the broadband and alarm installed. Have purchased all the required items, just wondering what it would cost for just installation. If its not reasonably cheap I'll end up doing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

When you order broadband the technician will do this as part of the install process. Just tell them where you want the router and they will verify which cable comes from the hall into utility . So no need for extra expense.

minkey wrote: »
    When you order broadband the technician will do this as part of the install process. Just tell them where you want the router and they will verify which cable comes from the hall into utility . So no need for extra expense.

When I asked they wanted to run cable over the skirting which was stupid. So I wouldn't rely on those engineers.

Fair enough...but for me traced the cable. Simple enough job to find the master cable in utility. . I went with vodafone getting tv and broadband so not sure if that makes a difference router has dsl connection.

Fair enough...but for me traced the cable. Simple enough job to find the master cable in utility. . I went with vodafone getting tv and broadband so not sure if that makes a difference router has dsl connection.

I wanted to get the ethernet connections in the bedrooms activated too. Plus I plan on having Vodafone for broadband and Sky for TV so that'll be 2 separate connections. Excuse my ignorance here, I'm quite sure I'm describing this wrong but I thought I read a few months ago about people getting the loop (?) in the hall activated or made live so that the tv/broadband/alarm and upstairs ethernet if applicable was all live before the various suppliers came in. Otherwise, they would just put it wherever suited them and it wouldn't be centalised at all. The wire over the skirting board seems very archaic

So all that being said - any recommendations for network guys/electricians from someone who has had this done? Cheers

Sorry can't help as I did it myself. When I was moving in the on site electricians have someone they can recommend so you could try there ..their details are in the move in folder. Just one other thing. I find I get zero wireless or very poor access in the garden..there are a few diy ways around that..but it just might be worthwhile u testing that aswell when u getting everything connected at the one time by a pro. Maybe u wont have same issue.

Sorry can't help as I did it myself. When I was moving in the on site electricians have someone they can recommend so you could try there ..their details are in the move in folder. Just one other thing. I find I get zero wireless or very poor access in the garden..there are a few diy ways around that..but it just might be worthwhile u testing that aswell when u getting everything connected at the one time by a pro. Maybe u wont have same issue.

Oh thanks for the tip, I'll check that out as I heard Three aren't great out there in terms of 4G. Broadband and setting it up right is my number 1 priority (to facilitate working from home a day or two a week), furniture and fittings can be sorted later!! It's just tricky because I don't really know what I'm asking for, I'll only know when something isn't working right or I've got wires everywhere. I need an education in what good home networking looks like as I've never had it before! I want to get some sort of router/booster so there is good coverage on the top floor too (of the Heron). Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

Any viewings coming up this weekend by any chance?

buffalo wrote: »
    Any viewings coming up this weekend by any chance?

I think the next launch is in September. Very unlikely over the next few weeks as sites will be closed for builders holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi Guys,

I'm one of the lucky ones who bought in phase one of Rathborne Park. I have now finally been given a snag date and was hoping someone could recommend a snagger they used and were happy with the work they carried out?

Things I've been told to look out for are;
    -build finish
    -built to regulation/ in line with plans and the contract
    -insulation in all windows/doors/visible/attic are done right
    -visible plumbing and electrics
    -issues in the leasehold area outside the front door, etc

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
    Michael

Advertisement