Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi guys,

Has anyone installed a water softener? I saw some fairly impressive looking models at the Ideal Homes show, cost around €1100 and €60 to run (salt blocks) per year.

My question is where did they put the unit? Under the sink in the island (in heron)? Also debating whether to add one of those drinking water filters at the tap. I assume they'd have to cut through the counter and wondering if there's any risks with that? I've no experience with minerva so I dont know what it's like to work with.

Any tips or experience appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Has anyone installed a water softener? I saw some fairly impressive looking models at the Ideal Homes show, cost around €1100 and €60 to run (salt blocks) per year.

My question is where did they put the unit? Under the sink in the island (in heron)? Also debating whether to add one of those drinking water filters at the tap. I assume they'd have to cut through the counter and wondering if there's any risks with that? I've no experience with minerva so I dont know what it's like to work with.

Any tips or experience appreciated. Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107043272

We got a drinking tap put in, it caused no problems for the Acrylic Minerva.

The drinking water filter is quite big and takes up most of the cabinet under the sink.

You'd need a reasonable sized cabinet to take the softener also, our softener is Height 52cm, Width 27cm, Depth 43cm.

Keithchap wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107043272

We got a drinking tap put in, it caused no problems for the Acrylic Minerva.

The drinking water filter is quite big and takes up most of the cabinet under the sink.

You'd need a reasonable sized cabinet to take the softener also, our softener is Height 52cm, Width 27cm, Depth 43cm.

Thanks Keithchap. So it looks like the drinking water tap isn't that much extra from your previous post. And the running costs are ok too - I'd definitely spend €80 a year on those brita jug water filters. However, in the new phase of Camden the heating unit is in the utility room so there is really only space for a washing machine and dryer, nothing else at ground level. So I might have to put it under the sink and then wont have room for the drinking water unit. We'll see. I ask someone to come out for a quote and see what they suggest.

Was it a big job? Take long to install? I might get it done soon enough after moving in if this hardwater problem is as severe in rhe area as people are saying on the Facebook page. So many jobs to do though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Also debating whether to add one of those drinking water filters at the tap. I assume they'd have to cut through the counter and wondering if there's any risks with that? I've no experience with minerva so I dont know what it's like to work with.

Can you give me an example of what one of these tap filters would be like?

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Can you give me an example of what one of these tap filters would be like?

I dont have one yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We got a tri flow tap installed by fitzgeralds, I think it cost 490 , forget how much the filter is to replace each year

this is not the same one but looks like this

VicarioTriflowCH-300x249.jpg

We got a tri flow tap installed by fitzgeralds, I think it cost 490 , forget how much the filter is to replace each year

this is not the same one but looks like this

VicarioTriflowCH-300x249.jpg

Can you replace the filter yourself or do you have to get the fitter back? Do the filters last long?

Can you replace the filter yourself or do you have to get the fitter back? Do the filters last long?

I believe its replace yourself
    Its coming up to a year i should probably start figuring it out exactly !

I believe its replace yourself
    Its coming up to a year i should probably start figuring it out exactly !

Keep us posted if it turns out to be painful or expensive! That tap looks well, I hadn't seen them before. It's certainly preferable than drilling through the counter for those small skinny taps on the side. 490 is pricey though, I'll get the water softener system and then think about. I have 2 of the brita water filters to get through yet, that'll last me til next summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

...However, in the new phase of Camden the heating unit is in the utility room so there is really only space for a washing machine and dryer, nothing else at ground level./quote]

Can you elaborate on this?
    What heating unit are you referring to.

• Advertisement

...However, in the new phase of Camden the heating unit is in the utility room so there is really only space for a washing machine and dryer, nothing else at ground level./quote]

Can you elaborate on this?
    What heating unit are you referring to.

Sorry I've probably got the wrong lingo, the pump maybe. The big white thing that's in the garden of the older phases. It's now in the utility room. Around the size of a fridge freezer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Sorry I've probably got the wrong lingo, the pump maybe. The big white thing that's in the garden of the older phases. It's now in the utility room. Around the size of a fridge freezer

I'm curious. Did they ever give a good reason for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

Has anyone had dealing with Joule? They seem to be rubbish @ comms. We have an issue and they seem to think we should simply call a plumber rather than send someone from Joule. Having run the issue past Jason (site manager) he tells us its a job for Joule but they seem to think they are done and dusted even in terms of a basic once a year service!

cronos wrote: »

I'm curious. Did they ever give a good reason for it?

Why would they, I just assumed it might be better inside than outside so didnt pursue it. Sherry fitz said it on the day of the launch- that it would all be the same as the showhouse except for the white unit which would be inside the utility room. It wasn't a deal breaker. There are other small differences between the phases too. Like the counters

Why would they, I just assumed it might be better inside than outside so didnt pursue it. Sherry fitz said it on the day of the launch- that it would all be the same as the showhouse except for the white unit which would be inside the utility room. It wasn't a deal breaker. There are other small differences between the phases too. Like the counters

I found some info on the type of unit.
    Thanks was just curious.

Moving the Heating unit inside is strange
    I seem to recall from the manual that it needs a certain amount of space around it ,will it get that in that space ?.
    It also pumps out cold air when on , now the rooms are insulated enough that this shouldn't be a huge issue and that room with a washer and dryer going gets very warm already , but it is interesting that when you have the heating on one room is actively bringing down the temperature !

Although for people planning to have a Dog this is a good development as that unit and the pipes coming from it are perfect for a young dog to chew !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Any information why the change was made? was the previous external model faulty or of poor design, or is it a cost saving measure?

Moving the Heating unit inside is strange
    I seem to recall from the manual that it needs a certain amount of space around it ,will it get that in that space ?.
    It also pumps out cold air when on , now the rooms are insulated enough that this shouldn't be a huge issue and that room with a washer and dryer going gets very warm already , but it is interesting that when you have the heating on one room is actively bringing down the temperature !

Although for people planning to have a Dog this is a good development as that unit and the pipes coming from it are perfect for a young dog to chew !

I think it's a different unit. Looks to be a different shape to the one I recall in the garden

That hypothesis makes no sense, I'm hoping it's a different unit and works differently. I'm really hoping I can just figure out how to turn it on!

Ok nobody panic!!!

It's just a different model it does the same as the previous ones which are still on sale and widely used.

This one needs an intake and outlet vent terminating in the utility room and outside house. The pipes are maybe 5/6 inch in diameter.

It doesn't take the air from inside the house as this would mean your utility room would be like the inside of a fridge.

Cons are it takes up more space in utility.

Pros. Doesn't take up space in garden.

• Advertisement

Thanks Keithchap. So it looks like the drinking water tap isn't that much extra from your previous post. And the running costs are ok too - I'd definitely spend €80 a year on those brita jug water filters. However, in the new phase of Camden the heating unit is in the utility room so there is really only space for a washing machine and dryer, nothing else at ground level. So I might have to put it under the sink and then wont have room for the drinking water unit. We'll see. I ask someone to come out for a quote and see what they suggest.

Was it a big job? Take long to install? I might get it done soon enough after moving in if this hardwater problem is as severe in rhe area as people are saying on the Facebook page. So many jobs to do though!

Wasn't a big job, 1-2 hours I think.

It doesn't bother me having a separate tap, they look something like this:

water-filter-for-sink-faucet-with-a-shiny-polished-chrome-finish-this-drinking-water-filter-tap-has-a-two-way-action-press-down-and-hold-to-dispense-just-the-right-amount-of-filtered-best-under-sink-w.jpg

Screwfix sell water filter cartridges for the under sink type. You could probably get them on Amazon too.

I hadn't gotten around to fitting a water softener but I think I will get it done in the next month.
    Sorry to ask again but it wasn't clear, are the softeners installed in the utility or under the sink.

(Not the drinking water filter, but the actual water softener)

Screwfix sell water filter cartridges for the under sink type. You could probably get them on Amazon too.

I hadn't gotten around to fitting a water softener but I think I will get it done in the next month.
    Sorry to ask again but it wasn't clear, are the softeners installed in the utility or under the sink.

(Not the drinking water filter, but the actual water softener)

Wherever you want, as long as you have room. I posted the size of our softener a 2 pages back. We put a water filter under the sink, the press to the left was too small and the one to the right had the dishwasher, so we had to stick it in the utility room which was a bit of extra work for the installer. In plumbing terms then it means that the softener is between the mains (where your tap is at the sink) and the water pump in the utility room, so our kitchen tap isn't softened water but the rest of the house is. We are in a Willow though and made modifications to the kitchen so it won't be the same for everyone.

Best is just to call them and they will tell you the best way, they don't charge anything to come out and take a look and give you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you for the information posted in this group! It has helped greatly in making our decision whether or not to purchase in RCP. We have decided to go ahead and try and purchase once the next phase is released.

Secondly, I was I was wondering if anyone could PM me with a recommendation for a solicitor. I have some quotes from solicitors already but I think it would be helpful to contact a solicitor who has already carried out a purchase from RCP.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lmh

I am looking to buy as well, could you also pm me the solicitor info too, thanks in advance!

Hi guys, so we're planning on hanging our tvs on the walls in the sitting room, room off the kitchen and in the master bedroom. We have a guy to do it for us as we'd be afraid we'd hack open the walls but we need to buy the brackets ourselves. The guy didn't recommend anything specific, just suggested a particular shop (which sells everything and I know their staff are rubbish at recommending stuff so I'm more inclined to purchase online.)

Has anyone any suggestions for the type of bracket to buy? Given it's a wood frame rather than solid walls? Or anything I should out for or that's worth paying extra for? PM me if you have any suggestions that might not be allowed on this board (advertising)

Thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Hi guys, so we're planning on hanging our tvs on the walls in the sitting room, room off the kitchen and in the master bedroom. We have a guy to do it for us as we'd be afraid we'd hack open the walls but we need to buy the brackets ourselves. The guy didn't recommend anything specific, just suggested a particular shop (which sells everything and I know their staff are rubbish at recommending stuff so I'm more inclined to purchase online.)

Has anyone any suggestions for the type of bracket to buy? Given it's a wood frame rather than solid walls? Or anything I should out for or that's worth paying extra for? PM me if you have any suggestions that might not be allowed on this board (advertising)

Thanks very much

If you want to PM me your email address I can send on some info and a picture etc...

If you were in a heron I'd be curious where you are going to put your TV. That's on my plan but have not got to it yet.

If you want to PM me your email address I can send on some info and a picture etc...

If you were in a heron I'd be curious where you are going to put your TV. That's on my plan but have not got to it yet.

We swapped the tv point and radiator to the opposite wall in the sitting room so the TV will be going up on the wall bordering the hall. The radiator will be under it but we'll get a radiator cover at some stage and put a tv table in front of that for the tv box etc

In the Heron top floor bedroom there were basically 2 options, the first one was to put it up high over the wardrobes. But it's so far away from the bed that we'd need a massive tv. I'm not even sure I want a tv in the bedroom but seeing as we'll be getting other work done we thought best to just do it now. Apparently the plasterboard will have to be cut open to move the power cables up.

The other option was to put a smaller tv over where the chest of drawers was in the show house, put it on a tilt and swivel bracket so it can be seen in bed then pushed in when not in use. This is not straightforward either apparently. There is no power there so he'll have to lift a couple of floor boards, pull the wire over and then lay them again. That sounded extreme to me too but I guess not when the laminate flooring wont be down yet and no furniture in. We'll probably go for that option.

Or else I'll just continue to live as I currently do, tripping over extension lead cables! It's funny with a new house, your standards just go way up overnight! Or as my mother would say, I've got notions!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

DaffDaff wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you for the information posted in this group! It has helped greatly in making our decision whether or not to purchase in RCP. We have decided to go ahead and try and purchase once the next phase is released.

Secondly, I was I was wondering if anyone could PM me with a recommendation for a solicitor. I have some quotes from solicitors already but I think it would be helpful to contact a solicitor who has already carried out a purchase from RCP.

Thank you in advance.

Hi All, I am also looking to buy in RCP, can somebody recommend a solicitor to me as well?
    Will be really helpful.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 engineer0

Hello,
    Looks like the viewing for next and final phase for camden project is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  3 Beds starting from 395K and 4 Beds from 450K.
    That means it's 10K more for 3 beds compared to previous release.

engineer0 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Looks like the viewing for next and final phase for camden project is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  3 Beds starting from 395K and 4 Beds from 450K.
    That means it's 10K more for 3 beds compared to previous release.

Only 5k more for the 4 beds - they started at 445k but 10k on top of that if you got a house with a second car space. I assume it's the same this time

• Advertisement

By looking at its floor plan, looks the size of 4 beds drops by 2~3 square meters, not sure about the 3-bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

lmh wrote: »
    By looking at its floor plan, looks the size of 4 beds drops by 2~3 square meters, not sure about the 3-bed.

Where did you find this information?

n1ckymar1e wrote: »

The sizes in brochure look the same as last time. A heron is 156sq. It's seems unlikely they'd do a redesign to save that little space. More likely to cut it out of the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

The sizes in brochure look the same as last time. A heron is 156sq. It's seems unlikely they'd do a redesign to save that little space. More likely to cut it out of the garden!

I just checked the brochure from when we bought, they are the same SQF as the one now. From my understanding the square footing for the houses are within the home, so it excludes the garages for the Hazel & Attic for Herron so I would assume garden area also? please correct me if I am wrong though, don't want to miss inform anyone.

I just checked the brochure from when we bought, they are the same SQF as the one now. From my understanding the square footing for the houses are within the home, so it excludes the garages for the Hazel & Attic for Herron so I would assume garden area also? please correct me if I am wrong though, don't want to miss inform anyone.

Yeah gardens are all different sizes. Ours could best be described as modest!

If you do buy my top tip is to take a million photos in the showhouses, maybe even some measurements if you want to plan as you're unlikely to get back in til snagging. I think they had the showhouses open for 2 weekends in February, launch weekend and the following weekend and that was it

compared the brochure to its original planning document(2217/15)
    hazel was 153.8 sqm but 150.6 sqm in the brochure
    willow was 161.2 sqm but 159.8 sqm in the brochure
    heron looks similar.

Not sure what it was like on previous releases before Camden phase.

compared the brochure to its original planning document(2217/15)
    hazel was 153.8 sqm but 150.6 sqm in the brochure
    willow was 161.2 sqm but 159.8 sqm in the brochure
    heron looks similar.

Not sure what it was like on previous releases before Camden phase.

You can't compare the plans with the brochures. The plans that were were submitted with the application are out of date. You need to ask Ballymore for the latest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Noticed estate agents and people queuing outside the show house this morning. Is the final phase being released tomorrow?

Manion wrote: »
    Noticed estate agents and people queuing outside the show house this morning. Is the final phase being released tomorrow?

Yes, they've had some signs up on the boathouse about it.

Willow is most expensive @520k, who would buy willow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

We were there this morning and were able to grab the one we wanted. I believe some people spent the night there.

Pokas wrote: »
    We were there this morning and were able to grab the one we wanted. I believe some people spent the night there.

Nobody was allowed to spend the night in the estate as per security, 1 person stayed close by.

Someone who sees it as good value. Property pricing is all nonsense in the end.

Its cheaper than the 3 beds per square foot.

Keithchap wrote: »
    It was released today. All the Camden 3 beds are gone so cancelation list only now probably, plus 1 willow and 6 Heron's sold.

9 Herons, 1 Willow and all 6 Hazels still available.

There may still be 3 beds near the marketing suite.

Interesting that they didn't all sell out today, it seemed way busier in February. I wonder if Hamilton Park in Castleknock launching this weekend also has anything to do with it. Anyway, I have no doubt that they'll all sell fairly soon, I still think (albeit slight biased!) that they represent some of the best value around given the spec of the houses and the location. Congratulations to all who bought today!

Meanwhile, we've just got keys so starting to get cracking on getting the house ready. From reading the views on this forum we wanted to get Vodafone broadband as it seemed alot less hassle than Eir. However, my partner rang Vodafone yesterday and they said we're not connected so we have to get Eir to connect us first. Eir said when they connect us there is a compulsory 14 day trial period that we have to do and then can change providers. That sounds like unnecessary hassle having to go through two providers.

Anyway I vaguely remember someone on this forum saying that there were details for Vodafone in the welcome pack and that Vodafone could sort the whole thing. I've checked out Welcome Pack and there is nothing about Vodafone in it. If someone has these details please could you PM me?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

Hi all. To everyone who bought The Ash in the last phases, did the kitchen layout changed compared to the showroom? The brochures show a different layout, one I'm not a big fan of... thanks

Interesting that they didn't all sell out today, it seemed way busier in February. I wonder if Hamilton Park in Castleknock launching this weekend also has anything to do with it. Anyway, I have no doubt that they'll all sell fairly soon, I still think (albeit slight biased!) that they represent some of the best value around given the spec of the houses and the location. Congratulations to all who bought today!

Meanwhile, we've just got keys so starting to get cracking on getting the house ready. From reading the views on this forum we wanted to get Vodafone broadband as it seemed alot less hassle than Eir. However, my partner rang Vodafone yesterday and they said we're not connected so we have to get Eir to connect us first. Eir said when they connect us there is a compulsory 14 day trial period that we have to do and then can change providers. That sounds like unnecessary hassle having to go through two providers.

Anyway I vaguely remember someone on this forum saying that there were details for Vodafone in the welcome pack and that Vodafone could sort the whole thing. I've checked out Welcome Pack and there is nothing about Vodafone in it. If someone has these details please could you PM me?

Many thanks

That's completely illegal. OpenEir own the network and Eir the service. They are meant to be separate entities. You should have no need to deal with Eir or OpenEir directly. Stick with Vodafone they'll arrange everything. Nothing you do will speed up the openEir work.

Btw after 14 days I'm pretty sure you'll be outside the cooling off period and in a 12/18 month contract with a breakage fee.

Interesting that they didn't all sell out today, it seemed way busier in February. I wonder if Hamilton Park in Castleknock launching this weekend also has anything to do with it. Anyway, I have no doubt that they'll all sell fairly soon, I still think (albeit slight biased!) that they represent some of the best value around given the spec of the houses and
    l the location. Congratulations to all who bought today!

Indeed, congrats all.

Yeh, I'd say the fact it was a Friday had an impact also, I think that was the intention.

Macro conditions also perhaps.

I think last 3 phases all sold out in a weekend, fairly certain the last 2 phased of rcp did, but before that there were usuaslly 4 beds available for a few weeks after.

That's completely illegal. OpenEir own the network and Eir the service. They are meant to be separate entities. You should have no need to deal with Eir or OpenEir directly. Stick with Vodafone they'll arrange everything. Nothing you do will speed up the openEir work.

Btw after 14 days I'm pretty sure you'll be outside the cooling off period and in a 12/18 month contract with a breakage fee.

Ok maybe we'll try ringing Vodafone again and getting a different person. When we rang Vodafone they said we're not connected to the network so there's nothing they could do for us. I'm kind of agnostic on the broadband supplier as long as it works and doesn't block certain sites that one might occasionally use to watch catch up tv (nothing dodgy!). I'd get the sports channels with Eir too so might be ok for a year. My list of moving in jobs is so long now I'm not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of dealing with 2 companies to get broadband and then when that is done wait for Sky to come with TV

• Advertisement

Ok maybe we'll try ringing Vodafone again and getting a different person. When we rang Vodafone they said we're not connected to the network so there's nothing they could do for us. I'm kind of agnostic on the broadband supplier as long as it works and doesn't block certain sites that one might occasionally use to watch catch up tv (nothing dodgy!). I'd get the sports channels with Eir too so might be ok for a year. My list of moving in jobs is so long now I'm not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of dealing with 2 companies to get broadband and then when that is done wait for Sky to come with TV

Why not just get sky broadband. It's all six of one and half a dozen of the other. Same service quality as it's all OpenEir.

Advertisement