Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eil Customer Not Happy

Options
  • 26-01-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I got a new package from sky eir. Sky tv internet and phone.
    The engineer set up dish for tv and all ok.
    He said he could not set up the internet and phone becuase the line was not working.
    He said eil would have to do this.
    Eil said i have a active live line so no one needs to come out.
    I have a phone box under the stairs alright but the wires are no were to bee seen. Id say its 30 years old.
    Ive now had this a week and still no phone or net,
    Who is to come out to do this.
    I have a week left in my cooling of period.

Anyone know who is to come out and set this part up.
    If its me then im back to upc.
    I have no idea how to push wires into phone points etc.
    The box is dead in the sitting room and so is the one under the stairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi dublinjock

I would just like to clarify that there is no company called sky eir - can you confirm if you are refering to an account you have set up with eir or Sky?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dublinjock

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi dublinjock

I would just like to clarify that there is no company called sky eir - can you confirm if you are refering to an account you have set up with eir or Sky?

Thanks
    Al
    I do beg your pardon.
    Sky Ireland the contract was taken out with
    The contract was for Sky TV and Eir phone and internet.

Thanks dublinjock

Did you place the order through eir - do you have an eir order number or eir account number?

Thanks
    Al

Thanks dublinjock

Did you place the order through eir - do you have an eir order number or eir account number?

Thanks
    Al
    No
    We placed the order with sky.
    Who in return told me that it was up to Eir to get the phone internet point box working before they can set up the phone and internet,
    The problem is the box under the stairs is not wired up so you carnt get a signal to someone wires it up.
    Sky told me its Up to Eir
    Eir say its up to Sky?

Im confused?

I lived here for 2 months i spoke to the guy before who lived here and he said that box has been here over 20 years.

Hi dublinjock

This is a common issue many people face - ultimately eir cannot assist you in connecting with sky if you do not have active service with eir already - if you place an order with eir for a line and broadband a contract for service applies - 18 months contract. If move the eir service (broadband and line) to sky before the end of contract an early cease fee applied for both the broadband and line (€150 each).

The problem what I believe here is that (to the best of my knowledge) is that sky can only take over existing service that's already active. Most other providers have a wholesale agreement with eir where by the other provider take your order and escalate to eir wholesale networks to install - I'm not sure sky does this and it's best to check with them.

If you want to order a line and broadband through eir you are most welcome to do so - however - eirs terms and conditions will need to be accepted and the contract is a specific condition of service from eir.

If you want to continue to pursue connection via Sky then that is ultimately at skys responsibility to assist however I'm sure you can understand as eir are not the company you are signing up with eir are not responsible to assist.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi dublinjock

This is a common issue many people face - ultimately eir cannot assist you in connecting with sky if you do not have active service with eir already - if you place an order with eir for a line and broadband a contract for service applies - 18 months contract. If move the eir service (broadband and line) to sky before the end of contract an early cease fee applied for both the broadband and line (€150 each).

The problem what I believe here is that (to the best of my knowledge) is that sky can only take over existing service that's already active. Most other providers have a wholesale agreement with eir where by the other provider take your order and escalate to eir wholesale networks to install - I'm not sure sky does this and it's best to check with them.

If you want to order a line and broadband through eir you are most welcome to do so - however - eirs terms and conditions will need to be accepted and the contract is a specific condition of service from eir.

If you want to continue to pursue connection via Sky then that is ultimately at skys responsibility to assist however I'm sure you can understand as eir are not the company you are signing up with eir are not responsible to assist.

Thanks

Al
    Thank you very much for your help Alan.

dublinjock wrote: »
    Hi dublinjock

Thanks

Al
    Thank you very much for your help Alan.
    No problem at all dublinjock

Al

Advertisement