Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow Transactions

Options
  • 26-01-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

Twice in the last month I've had transactions show up twice on my statement (when they got cancelled the first time by the retailer due to slow machines). This time it was for €284.

Why does this not happen with other banks? I am not prepared to wait 5 working days for this to be returned to my account. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon Lollipops23,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

This would happen when card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it. Because the payment is still processing from one bank to another it will show up on your account until cleared fully. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account, but we do not have the facility to expedite this process. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Good Afternoon Lollipops23,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

This would happen when card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it. Because the payment is still processing from one bank to another it will show up on your account until cleared fully. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account, but we do not have the facility to expedite this process. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Evie
    Why is it that this shadow payment transaction doesn't happen with other banks? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,

Regrettably, I couldn't comment on other banks procedures.

Thanks,

Evie

Advertisement