Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pension AVC Contributions

• 26-01-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi,

I am seeking some advise on buying shares and putting them into Pension plan in form of AVC.

How can I do this and secondly, how do I notify revenue that AVC contributions were made so I am not taxed

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That's not how an AVC works. You need to be already in a company or state pension scheme and your employer needs to set up an AVC scheme (with Revenue approval) for their employees, you can then elect to pay additional contributions into that scheme and your employer will deduct the contributions from your gross salary. Your money is then invested in the same way as a defined contribution fund and you will usually have some say over what type of funds it's invested in.

The 'A' in AVC is the key - it refers to 'additional' (voluntary contributions) so you can't simply do a stand-alone AVC, it has to be paired to an existing occupational scheme.

AVCs are contributions that you can make in addition to your normal contributions to an occupational pension scheme in the public or private sector to increase your retirement benefits

http://www.pensionsauthority.ie/en/LifeCycle/Paying_more_to_improve_benefits/Additional_voluntary_contributions_AVCs_/

Advertisement