Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl johnswell road

Options
  • 26-01-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Seen notice up to knock the store and rebuild a two storey shop. What would they be going to sell that they would need a two storey shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

linny wrote: »
    Seen notice up to knock the store and rebuild a two storey shop. What would they be going to sell that they would need a two storey shop
    Maybe they're expanding the current shop to be include a distribution centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lidl are always stand alone stores? Also, that's only open about 4 or 5 years? Seems nuts to be knocking it. I think it was/is their latest store design i.e. incorporating a bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Think it going 1500 Sq mtrs to 2700 Sq mtrs can even think what a lidl that size could sell

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think it going 1500 Sq mtrs to 2700 Sq mtrs can even think what a lidl that size could sell

Yea I would have thought the same and its modern as any other Lidl store. They knocked and rebuilt their store over in Athy last year (but that was one of their older, original stores). I'll miss it if it closes for a bit as it's very handy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They did the store in Clonmel. They even moved it to the other side of the car ark. Absolutely fabulous job. Delighted to hear about Johnswell shop. Bright airy and clean. Just shows the confidence they have,can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Probably something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Clonmel is exactly like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

... What would they be going to sell that they would need a two storey shop

Maybe upstairs will be a regional office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Maybe there is nothing upstairs, just 2 stories high to create an airy feeling.

ad187654953lidl-uk-new-con.jpg?w=620&h=413&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Gorey got the same re construction

• Advertisement
Advertisement