Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent to a third party?

Options
  • 26-01-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

quick question: I signed up for a deal with Eir which entitled me to a free Samsung tablet. This hasn't arrived and when I followed up on it with Eir they told me that I need to contact their third party supplier and not them.

As they used the offer of a tablet to get me to sign the contract (Sky were also running a similar offer at the time) do I need to contact the third party company.

IIRC I've signed a contract with them so it's their issue to solve. If there is an issue with a third party acting on their behalf than they have to resolve it between them.

Am I correct?

While it might seem a bit lazy of me not to want to make the call there is obviously a bigger issue of me having to make multiple calls since October to try and resolve this issue which has been time consuming and very frustrating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I agree with you. Your dealings are with Eir. They should follow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Eir should sort this out on your behalf. Saying that it will be more than likely quicker if you were to deal directly with the third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you actually claimed it yet?
    http://eirfreetablet.com/

According to the T&Cs all customer queries should be sent to Sweete so Eir are perfectly entitled to direct you there
    http://eirfreetablet.com/GeneralTerms.aspx
    13. All Customer care queries for this campaign can be directed to Sweete, contactable at 01 554 5770 or customercare@sweete.ie. Sweete accept no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Have you actually claimes it yetl]

This has been part of the issue. They have said up until today that I was never told I could get one. It seems someone finally listened back to the call late this evening and finally forwarded me the link to claim it.

Bear in mind my first request to listen to the call went in on the 4th of Dec, a practice they told me only takes 5 days to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi ba_barabus

You can email your query on the free tablet promotion to digitalsales@eir.ie however I'm more than happy to help so please PM me your details here and I'll follow this up for you :)

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi ba_barabus

You can email your query on the free tablet promotion to digitalsales@eir.ie however I'm more than happy to help so please PM me your details here and I'll follow this up for you :)

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al,

I emailed that address a week ago and have received no reply. However as said above I did get an email about the Tablet offer last night asking me to supply my account number and billing address. This indicated I would have the tablet within 10 working days.

For now I'm happy to wait and see.

If we fix that we can then set about fixing the phone line and if you or someone else wants to be REALLY NICE TO ME AFTER ALL THIS I would be interested in evision. :):)

John.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Hi Al,

I emailed that address a week ago and have received no reply.
    Still no reply..........and surprise surprise...........still no tablet.

I received the email to let me know I'd receive a tablet and to fill in my details.
    I was told it would arrive within 2 weeks.

And it hasn't arrived.

Anyone care to advise me of what to do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Still no reply..........and surprise surprise...........still no tablet.

I received the email to let me know I'd receive a tablet and to fill in my details.
    I was told it would arrive within 2 weeks.

And it hasn't arrived.

Anyone care to advise me of what to do next?

Formal written complaint to Eir. Explain what the issue is, give a timeline of events and state what you expect them to do to resolve the matter. Give them 10 working days to respond to your complaint, if you get nowhere ask for their final written position on the matter.

If they still refuse to help/don't respond then lodge a case against them with the Small Claims Court. It'll cost you €20.

And before anyone points out that the T&C's state that another company is responsible for delivering; eir could say you have to give them your first born in the T&Cs, it doesn't mean it would happen. In cases like this the SCC can adjudicate on whether a condition is fair an reasonable.

Cheers for that. I'm giving them until tomorrow and after that I'm going to com reg after taking advice from a friend who it turns out works in their customer care. Apparently the only way to sort it is to make an official complaint otherwise they'll just send me from pillar to post until I go away.

Obviously that advice is from a friend to a friend.

Advertisement