Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barna Waste are no longer selling PAYG refuse bags!

Options
  • 26-01-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just back from Supervalue in Barna - I needed some PAYG recycling bin bags (the blue ones) and I was told they are no longer supplying them, that they are being phased out (instantly!).

This will mean that everyone will have to subscribe to their bin service instead of being able to use their PAYG refuse bag system. The say they are phasing out the bags but they are not supplying any anymore! Their annual subscription fee is E350, I was only paying half that on the PAYG system.

I really feel people should have been given proper notice for this. I don't have the cash, straight after Christmas, to cover such an upshot in spending.

Are there any alternative collection services in Co. Galway? Or is there a dump I can bring my refuse to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,563 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I didn't hear anything about this, it would be a major inconvenience to a lot of people if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Issac wrote: »
    Just back from Supervalue in Barna - I needed some PAYG recycling bin bags (the blue ones) and I was told they are no longer supplying them, that they are being phased out (instantly!).

This will mean that everyone will have to subscribe to their bin service instead of being able to use their PAYG refuse bag system. The say they are phasing out the bags but they are not supplying any anymore! Their annual subscription fee is E350, I was only paying half that on the PAYG system.

I really feel people should have been given proper notice for this. I don't have the cash, straight after Christmas, to cover such an upshot in spending.

Are there any alternative collection services in Co. Galway? Or is there a dump I can bring my refuse to?

The City Bin Company have a depot near Oranmore where you can bring recyclables and general waste. A single bag is €4 or a car boot load is €10.

As far as I know Barna can be paid in monthly instalments.
    From July they will be operating a pay by weight system so your total for the year will probably be considerably less than the current €350 flat charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

cocoman wrote: »
    The City Bin Company have a depot near Oranmore where you can bring recyclables and general waste. A single bag is €4 or a car boot load is €10.

As far as I know Barna can be paid in monthly instalments.
    From July they will be operating a pay by weight system so your total for the year will probably be considerably less than the current €350 flat charge.

Great, thanks for the info, good to know. I might try and pay monthly until the summer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Issac wrote: »
    Great, thanks for the info, good to know. I might try and pay monthly until the summer then.

I think you have to sign up for the year and choose to pay by installments.
    Not sure if you can do it just month by month.

Could be wrong though.

Advertisement