Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Bluegrass music

Options
  • 26-01-2016 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Don't know if this is the right forum, but does anyone know of any pubs in Dublin City that plays Bluegrass music weekly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

From Dublin Free Event Guide:

Tuesday's in Sin É, from 8pm, Dublin Bluegrass Collective.

Every second Thursday, N.C Lawlor, a songwriter, session player and troubadour plays a mix of country, bluegrass & blues from 19:30-21:30, in Cornucopia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

THere will be some bluegrass tomorrow night in The Globe. Regular bluegrass in cafe of The Kilkenny Design showrooms on Sunday afternoons

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

Brilliant thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Apparently Monday nights in Walshes in Stoneybatter. I've not been myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Although the place is mainly known for its trad music, I believe there's a bluegrass session in the Cobblestone pub in Smithfield on Saturday afternoons - it's probably worth contacting the pub to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Although the place is mainly known for its trad music, I believe there's a bluegrass session in the Cobblestone pub in Smithfield on Saturday afternoons - it's probably worth contacting the pub to double check.

There is, and it's brilliant. Very popular session, I think it's around 4:30-7:30 pm on Saturdays and the trad session starts afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

The Cobblestone is an old time session, not bluegrass, an Walsh's on monday nights is not regular bluegrass either.

Tuesdays at Sin E for the big jam (you're welcome to pick with us), Kilkenny Shop sunday afternoons, Chancery Inn on wednesdays there's varying combinations of bluegrass and old country blues.

Advertisement