Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Video Input" crash when playing graphically intensive games

Options
  • 26-01-2016 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi lads, so I have had my PC for probably a year and a half, I got it custom built with a FX 6300, R9 270X and one 8GB stick of ram. The PC has worked perfectly up until a couple of months ago when the screen would start going black and "No Video Input" would show up in a box before the PC would restart itself.
    This only happens when playing games like Witcher 3, GTA V, Fallout 4 etc. I've still been playing smaller less intensive games like Risk of Rain, Don't Starve and the like without any problems, also general internet use and all that works fine.
    The games run fine, like I could play GTA for 2 hours on 50-60 fps with no issues but suddenly the whole PC will restart iself without warning and it has made AAA games mostly unplayable.
    I tried cleaning the dust off the fans in my PC but no joy. What is the most likely cause for this? Do I need to replace my graphics card or power supply? Or could it be something else?
    (Sorry if this has been asked before)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Had a similar problem with an AMD card. Could be driver related, mine was from memory. Use DDU to perform a clean driver uninstall and install the latest non-beta drivers from AMD.com. Should hopefully sort it! :)

Nick

Advertisement