Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on private pension fund

• 26-01-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭

I want to set up a private pension fund.

I have a small existing one I paid into but I am unsure what to do.

I find pensions quite difficult to understand

Has anyone any advice on good financial advisers to goto in Dublin?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Joeytheparrot, Nicola here from the Bank of Ireland Talk to forum.

The first thing to do is have a chat with a pension adviser, they'll go through everything with you and discuss all the available options.

There are a number of factors that would need to be considered so a pension adviser can make sure any advice or recommendations they give you are tailored to your own individual needs, circumstances and retirement goals.

We’ve a handy retirement planning calculator here on our website that will give you a quick estimate.

If you need to get any more information or have any questions, feel free to drop by our Talk to forum.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get proper independent advice OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Pensions confuse me as well, but I need to get mine sorted.... everyone I seem to talk to wants me to enter into something, add contributions etc.... It's hard to find someone who will give Independent advice, I tried to ring the Department of Social Protection but they are limited in what they can tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Just some of my thoughts...........Fees, Fees, Fees make sure you know every fee they are going to take from you in the Pension Fund it adds up over time. Review it regularly. You need to pay for Independent Financial Advice. Do not go to any Bank for that....no offence intended Nicola. Study the Funds you're money will be invested in and do some research on the different options. Make sure the fund is diversified and you are happy with it.

Advertisement