Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone know this bike?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Going to have a look at this, it looks cheap to me but theres another identical on on donedeal from a different seller for 4,250 so maybe they are proving hard to shift.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the bike or what I should look out for
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/gsx-r-600-k7/11333099

same bike on adverts with picture of reg plate
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/suzuki/gsxr600-k7/9489518

Thanks

Same bike but vastly different milege figures.;)
    Both ads placed around a week ago.

1 ad says 32,000kms
    Other ad says 39,000kms.

Something fishy perhaps???:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Don't know that particular bike. Seller profile on adverts is only set up recently so treat with caution.

I had a K7 GSXR 600 for 4 years. Great bike. Only issue I had was the regulator rectifier (alternator) failed which is common on them. Check and see if the brake master cylinder recall has been done. Apart from that, check all the usual stuff.

I sold mine around this time last year and had a deposit on it within 12 hours of advertising! Clean ones don't hang around long.

Double post

Btw, if this is the other one you're looking at, it's not a K7. It's a K6.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsxr-k7/11372107

DaveD wrote: »
    Btw, if this is the other one you're looking at, it's not a K7. It's a K6.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsxr-k7/11372107

I hate ads like that,no info what so ever.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Forgive my ignorance but I thought the k just referred to the year, i.e K6 06 K7 07

Forgive my ignorance but I thought the k just referred to the year, i.e K6 06 K7 07

You're kinda right. They're the same bikes. There were different graphics available for each year. On the blue/white K6 you can see the upper front fairing has a blue/green stripe, that's red on the K7 and there's a slightly different graphics design. Always preferred the K7 graphics myself.

The reason that some K6's may be 2007 reg is that the dealer had them in stock and didn't register them until the following year.

Edit: here's a 2010 reg K7 model

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsx-r-gsxr-600/11361170

AH right thanks.Well I checked with the Gardai and they say its not reported as stolen so thats one thing at least,il probably go out and have a look at it.

You guys wouldn't know how many chassis numbers are stamped on these things? Obviously I will have to check that to the reg and cert.

It comes with 2 black keys but I have heard that there should be a red one aswell, im unsure.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AH right thanks.Well I checked with the Gardai and they say its not reported as stolen so thats one thing at least,il probably go out and have a look at it.

You guys wouldn't know how many chassis numbers are stamped on these things? Obviously I will have to check that to the reg and cert.

It comes with 2 black keys but I have heard that there should be a red one aswell, im unsure.
    thanks

Better off paying for a history check with cartell or motorcheck. That way you'll know if there's finance owing, any breaks in tax and can also see how many other history checks have been run on it.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Better off paying for a history check with cartell or motorcheck. That way you'll know if there's finance owing, any breaks in tax and can also see how many other history checks have been run on it.

Are those checks any use here in Ireland?

Ive heard from others that what you pay for and what you actually get are 2 vastly different things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ive heard from others that what you pay for and what you actually get are 2 vastly different things.

I've never used it on a bike, but my its saved my son's ass on a few car's over the years. So much so that he wouldn't dare take a look without running a check.

He's an estate agent, so he'd be fairly on the ball with buying (and selling) just about anything, he swear by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They have access to finance and tax, milage is pot luck on what people input. Think that they have access to insurance write offs. I've used it when buying both cars and bikes and have a friend who goes through a lot of bikes and he always uses them. When dropping several grand on a bike it's worth the money, especially if you're planning on travelling a long way to view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The mileage being recorded can be hit & miss, but to check for finance/HP owing, crashed, stolen etc the check is worth it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The mileage being recorded can be hit & miss, but to check for finance/HP owing, crashed, stolen etc the check is worth it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement