Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyber bullying via instagram

Options
  • 26-01-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there.
    I'm a mother of a 13 year old boy in 1st year. Last Friday he came home from school in a state. Someone had set up an instagram account in his name and sent at least 20 girls disgusting (I'm pretty open minded now) messages. My son was getting attacked by his class mates for sending this stuff. ...
    So we found out that evening who it was. I also reported the imposter account to instagram. We "informed" the "prankster" through another child that I was going to the police about it.
    The account has since been changed.
    I have also gone to my son's Year Head and informed her that this needs to be seen to immediately.
    What is possibly an extra problem is that this child doesn't even attend my son's school!
    I feel I need positive proof in order to name this child. Should I report it to the police before getting definite proof or wait?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Go to the Police, it is unlikely that you will find proof. Depending on the nature of the pictures it could be quite serious if some other parent reported them to the police with out your son having reported the fske page

• Registered Users Posts: 27 punkypolly

Thank you Miaireland, I've called the police this morning and will be making a report with the local community officer about it. Best to have the whole matter reported and dealt with through the proper channels. I don't want this situation disappearing in the cracks only to have it rear its ugly head again in 6 months with dire consequences (a child harming themselves because of it etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I agree with you nip it in the bud now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You could also report it to the other child's school without naming the child. Many schools have zero tolerance of this kind of bullying, even if its outside of school.

Advertisement