Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eir bills seem very high - am I on the right package deal?

Options
  • 26-01-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I have the following eir package:

eircom Talk off-peak
    Broadband Advanced Unlimited

My last bill amounted to €108.03 and this is the lowest bill I've had.

However, my total call charges in my last bill were only €1.65 (5 daytime calls, each lasting under 3 minutes.

Here is the breakdown on my bill, can someone explain to me if this looks correct and if there is a better eir package for me to be on?

eircom Talk off-peak - €53.66
    Broadband Advanced Unlimited €53.58
    Total Package charge €107.24

Package discounts and promotions 
    (eircom talk and broadband bundle credit) €21.06

Total eir package charges €86.18
    Call charges €1.65
    VAT €20.20

TOTAL €108.03

This seems pretty crazy for 5 phone calls and to be honest the "broadband" here is so rubbish that being charged €53 for the 0.36 Mbps I get in the evenings is almost criminal. In fairness my speeds at night do range from a blistering 1Mbps to a low of 0.30 Mbps or even time outs. Equally in fairness, my speeds in the day are much better, almost reaching 3.5-4 Mbps during the day...

So eir reps, my challenge to you is to:
    • explain if my bill seems correct
    • let me know if there is a better package or alternative for my usage :)
    [*]

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Is that a 2 monthly bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I have the following eir package:

eircom Talk off-peak
    Broadband Advanced Unlimited

My last bill amounted to €108.03 and this is the lowest bill I've had.

However, my total call charges in my last bill were only €1.65 (5 daytime calls, each lasting under 3 minutes.

Here is the breakdown on my bill, can someone explain to me if this looks correct and if there is a better eir package for me to be on?

eircom Talk off-peak - €53.66
    Broadband Advanced Unlimited €53.58
    Total Package charge €107.24

Package discounts and promotions 
    (eircom talk and broadband bundle credit) €21.06

Total eir package charges €86.18
    Call charges €1.65
    VAT €20.20

TOTAL €108.03

This seems pretty crazy for 5 phone calls and to be honest the "broadband" here is so rubbish that being charged €53 for the 0.36 Mbps I get in the evenings is almost criminal. In fairness my speeds at night do range from a blistering 1Mbps to a low of 0.30 Mbps or even time outs. Equally in fairness, my speeds in the day are much better, almost reaching 3.5-4 Mbps during the day...

So eir reps, my challenge to you is to:
    • explain if my bill seems correct
    • let me know if there is a better package or alternative for my usage :)

[*]

Thanks in advance :)
    [*]
    Hi r3nu4l

Feel free to drop me a PM including your eir account number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MMeepington

DONT PM THEM, keet as much as possible in public. You will get a better response that way.

Advertisement