Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting foreign currencies to Euro?

• 27-01-2016 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if there is somewhere in Dublin to convert foreign currencies to euro, some of the more obscure ones? I've been doing some travel and have small denominations I'd like to convert, but the banks only seem to accept some of the major currencies.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I suggest you drop the cash in the charity bowl next time you're in the airport. In a small country like Ireland it's very difficult to get rid of exotic currencies. Even if you found a bureau du change in London to take them, there would be commission on each one and a rip-off exchange rate which would render the exercise pretty fruitless. Give them to charity.

Advertisement