Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork woman severely injured after attack by Pitbull Mastiff

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^^
    Thank you, yes! The general attitude toward dogs in Ireland is appalling. Ignorance, neglect, hysteria and any information spread by the press is worse than useless. Many people are fearful and aggressive towards dogs or have absolutely no idea. A smiling mother thought it was hilarious that her toddler walked over to my sheepdog on his blind side (blind in the right eye) and touch him. The dog who didn't see him coming yelped and jumped three feet in the air. It was admittedly funny, because I know my dog would never hurt any person, even in a fight (having separated him from other dogs before), but with another dog, the outcome could have been bad. And it would have been the dog at fault! How messed up is that.
    Dog owners are fcuking worse. Out for a walk by the beach, 2 black dogs (didn't get the breed in Tue mêlée) ran over and attacked my dog. Him and me had to fight them off. Owner came over with a big grin in his face "ah Jaysis, your dogs fairly able for himself, is he now?". My response might have included the word twat.
    No wonder that people react fearful, a father picking up his 3 year old daughter and holding her high over his head when passing my dog.
    My own dog has an issue with male dogs his size. I keep him under control, he will come when called and he can keep a cool head. But the amount of people having their dogs run free in crowded public areas with other dogs is unbefcukinglievable. YOUR dog may be grand, but the other mightn't be.

I have owned many dogs here, I have never sought out to get one. They were all strays. I hate this idiotic attitude of " let's spend hundreds on a dog and then discard it". People should be encouraged to rescue one from the pound. The amount of dogs needlessly destroyed here makes me sick. I think its more than in the UK, not percentage wise, but in total. I think Ireland should be banned from owning dogs, or horse for that matter. But the state doesn't give a sh*t and does even less. Rant over.

Advertisement