Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Infraction

Options
  • 27-01-2016 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

Link to thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057551919&page=2

As I've said in my PM to the moderator in question, I feel that the infraction I received was unwarranted. I followed the mod instruction to the letter.
    Originally Posted by oppenheimer1
    Hi Adrenalinjunkie,

Having written the post I made and knowing of the previous warning on thread, I cannot see what part of the warning I ignored.
    Quote:
    Do NOT, just do NOT go down this road in this thread.

To all: due to the tendency for so many threads that even mention cats to go down this polarising "all cats are killers" route, causing inevitable strife, bans and thread closure, any further mention of cats killing things, or cats using gardens as toilets, or other old, old arguments, will result in the poster being banned from this forum.
    Stay on topic please. The topic of this thread is categorically not related to cat behaviour.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB
    As you can see I did not reference "cats killing things, or cats using gardens as toilets, or other old, old arguments" nor did I reference cat behaviour. I followed the mod instruction to the letter, therefore the yellow card was an incorrect decision.

Please remove the card from my account

Thanks,

Opp

As a relative new and infrequent poster on the A&PI forum, it would be impossible for me to know what "old, old arguments" referred to. Indeed it is so vague it could refer to anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi oppenheimer1:

Thanks for confirming that you attempted to resolve this with the mod before starting your appeal.

I have reviewed the thread & circumstances leading to you being issued with a yellow card. The key part of the on-thread warning was "The topic of this thread is categorically not related to cat behaviour."

Your asked "So if cats are out in the garden, does that mean they are allowed to roam free through the estate?" This is directly related to cat behaviour.

The Mod warned not to go there, but you did. Such matters are a regular cause of grief in the A&PI forum, hence the mods are quite strict on such issues.

At the end of the day a yellow card is just a warning - a heads-up that your post was not acceptable or in keeping with the forum ethos. In this instance I feel that the warning was warranted so that the thread didn't descend into an off-topic debate about cat behaviour, when it was actually the dogs' behaviour which was the point of the thread.

All the best,

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Hi oppenheimer1:

Thanks for confirming that you attempted to resolve this with the mod before starting your appeal.

I have reviewed the thread & circumstances leading to you being issued with a yellow card. The key part of the on-thread warning was "The topic of this thread is categorically not related to cat behaviour."

Your asked "So if cats are out in the garden, does that mean they are allowed to roam free through the estate?" This is directly related to cat behaviour.

The Mod warned not to go there, but you did. Such matters are a regular cause of grief in the A&PI forum, hence the mods are quite strict on such issues.

At the end of the day a yellow card is just a warning - a heads-up that your post was not acceptable or in keeping with the forum ethos. In this instance I feel that the warning was warranted so that the thread didn't descend into an off-topic debate about cat behaviour, when it was actually the dogs' behaviour which was the point of the thread.

All the best,

tHB

I disagree, but we'll leave it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement