Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your eBooks much cheaper from Amazon

• 27-01-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Girls.

Here is a little money-saving tip!

Buy your eBooks from the Indian Amazon Store http://www.amazon.in/ebooks-kindle/b/ref=sv_kinc_0?ie=UTF8&node=1634753031 instead of the Amazon UK Store.

Lots of popular titles are at around the 280 Rupee mark (about €3.80) instead of the €10+ you may pay for the exact same title from the Amazon UK store

The ins and outs of setting up an indian amazon account as well as putting the eBooks onto your UK-reg'd Kindle I won't go into here, but anyone who's even a little bit technical can manage it.

Happy reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭galwayguy85

Just one extreme example of how much Amazon charges UK and Irish customers for an otherwise intangible product that once created or manufactured costs (comparatively) little to re-create and thus store on servers etc is the popular science book 'What If?'.

It's a shocking £10.99 (or approx €14.60) on the UK Store but can be had for about €3.60 on the Indian Store.

Incidentally, the eBook version of the book is nearly double the price of the paperback version of the same title on the UK store. A scandal!

On the Indian Amazon store, the two version of the book cost much the same.

I know the author and the published need to be paid hence why I believe its fair to pay for eBooks which I know I am going to end up reading.

I still think that consumers should have full disclosure of how much they are (often, but not always necessarily) being over-charged for eBooks.

Other resellers of eBooks are also pushing the limits too in terms of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Many thanks for that GalwayGuy. Have you found any other well priced stuff on the site? Regards:)

eBooks are really the only items I look at amazon.in owing to the fact that they are intangible.

How I wish I had an indian cousin or two to send otherwise real items to. :)

Did you get everything set up for cheaper ebooks flipsat?

Advertisement