Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari not working for you this morning?

• 27-01-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

Going to Settings > Safari > and toggling off Search Engine Suggestions and Safari Suggestions for now.

Doesn't effect everyone, just some.

tNVMTtd.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

emerging issue. Apple are looking into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭squonk

Not working for me either. I thought it was just the phone needing a reset but that didn't help. Thought it was just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is this since the OS update? Mine seems ok but haven't updated yet even though I get prompted 3/4 times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

emerging issue. Apple are looking into it.
    I'm sure they are, but Safari is an integral part of the iPhone it shouldn't be broken by a server side change.

An iPod, a Phone, and an Internet Communicator.
    smash wrote: »
    Is this since the OS update? Mine seems ok but haven't updated yet even though I get prompted 3/4 times a day.

Nope affects users from iOS 8 and above. You need to be using a fresh copy of safari, i.e. after a DNS cache is flushed (turning on/off airplane mode, reboot of the phone after battery dies).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The only issue I have with safari is that it doesn't actually copy text from a web page to the clipboard even though I select and press copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Seems fine here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm having the same issue also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Safari has been killing my MacBook for a solid 6 months now. Tabs open really slowly, bookmarks tend to wander off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Fecking nuisance on the ipad. Rendering while scrolling is a royal pain, along with that stupid feature of having to hit the bookmark tab in the title bar twice unless in portrait mode. WTF were they thinking:mad:

Dolphin browser FTW.

MillField wrote: »
    Safari has been killing my MacBook for a solid 6 months now. Tabs open really slowly, bookmarks tend to wander off..
    dodzy wrote: »
    Fecking nuisance on the ipad. Rendering while scrolling is a royal pain, along with that stupid feature of having to hit the bookmark tab in the title bar twice unless in portrait mode. WTF were they thinking:mad:

Dolphin browser FTW.

honestly doubt that the specific issue I mentioned in the OP is causing these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

honestly doubt that the specific issue I mentioned in the OP is causing these issues.
    Agreed. I just hate missing a 'venting' opportunity ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Safari on my iPhone with 9.2.1 kept crashing on me this morning but clearing the cache and website data sorted it. I'd only updated to 9.2.1 last night before putting it down for the night.

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Crashing for me all the time on the ipad and haven't done any update. Just curious given that I have not done an update what could cause it to start "misbehaving".

dub45 wrote: »
    Crashing for me all the time on the ipad and haven't done any update. Just curious given that I have not done an update what could cause it to start "misbehaving".
    My original post mentioned it was due to a server side bug which means you didn't have to have done an update on your device. Affected iOS 8 and above.

Anyways seems to be fixed now according to Apple — http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/27/10841980/apple-safari-crash-bug-fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

My original post mentioned it was due to a server side bug which means you didn't have to have done an update on your device. Affected iOS 8 and above.

Anyways seems to be fixed now according to Apple — http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/27/10841980/apple-safari-crash-bug-fixed

Just reversed the fix from this morning and now not working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Still not working even with web/google suggestions turned off. Guessing someone doesn't like their tax affairs.
    To be fair, iTunes is also a humongous piece of UI fail and both very very RAM intensive.

Have x60 tabs, x8 RSS feeds, and x12 various email accounts open in Opera 8.54 instead, and not a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Advertisement