Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginning astro imaging.

Options
  • 27-01-2016 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello. I got a 90mm refractor(skywatcher evostar 90eq2) for my daughter at Christmas and combine that with here love for photography she has developed an urge to photograph the skies.

I rigged up an old 5mp webcam that I had and have it showing some fair good views on screen.

Now, what I want to know is, is there any good free software that I can download to capture images or videos thru the webcam, and will we need processing software for astro images.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

If the software for the webcam records .AVIs then download RegiStax or AutoStakkert.

These will create an image out of the video from the webcam as outlined here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

We downloaded astrocapture and registax. Didn't have the original software for the webcam. Nice clear sky's now so should get a chance to experiment a bit.

Advertisement