Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To bottle or not to bottle??

Options
  • 27-01-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi, just about to bottle my first home brew. I used the Youngs APA kit. The problem is I'm not sure if the fermentation is finished or not. The kit says the FG should be about 1.008 but I have the following readings

6 Jan 1.064 O.G.
    13 Jan 1.026
    18 Jan 1.016
    21 Jan 1.012
    24 Jan 1.012 (added dry hop)
    26 Jan 1.011

I thought it had settled at 1.012 so I dry hopped with a view to bottling today or tomorrow.
    Any advice on when to bottle? Does it matter that it has not reached 1.008? Anyone any experience with the Youngs APA kit? I was surprised to see the gravity drop to 1.011 after it had settled at 1.012 for a few days.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's grand, bottle away, or leave it longer if you want to.

Kit instructions will lie to you about pretty much every stage of the process: never read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

I'll bottle away so. I haven't learnt the patience part of home brewing yet

Advertisement