Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change default browser for Excel 13

Options
  • 27-01-2016 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hey Peps, just wondering if anyone knows how to change the default browser in Excel 13.
    I'm trying to use the bing maps plugin for excel but when I do it's looking to launch in IE8 (we need IE8 in work for local web apps in work).

My default browser is set as Chrome but excel keeps looking for IE, any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

I believe there is no such option in Excel. You have to make changes in your browser settings. I had this problem where Excel used to open everything in Firefox. I had my default browser set to Chrome. What I did to fix that was:
    1). Deleted Firefox.
    2). Set Chrome as default again. (Excel started to open the URLs in Chrome)
    3). Installed Firefox again (Excel kept opening the URLs in Chrome)
    4). Problem fixed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Thanks fad but that doesn't work, Excel 13 is always looking to a version of IE.
    The only way to change it is in the reg as far as I know, ah well I guess I'll have to update the IE version on this particular user

Advertisement