Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibblestown Community Centre

Options
  • 27-01-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Looking for info for the small gym in the school (Setanta I think)...

I assume its pay as you go?

Can't find anything online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Keyzer wrote: »
    Looking for info for the small gym in the school (Setanta I think)...

I assume its pay as you go?

Can't find anything online.

Martin is the guy who runs it. €20 p/mth for the gym and €30 p/mth for gym & classes. As its a shared facility with the adjoining school, the gym only opens Mon - Fri from 5pm-9pm. Classes run twice per day ( 10-11 & 7-8 AFAIK) and there is an erratic Sat class (not every week) from 10-11.

I don't do Facebook but Epic Fitness is the page you're looking for.

http://toplocalplaces.com/ireland/dublin/sports-recreation-activities/epicfitness-gym/518750638245355

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I go there regularly.
    It has a wights / cardio room and excellent classes (that are pretty tough - TRX suspension classes, bodyweight classes and "Caveman" classes which can be a killer!
    Classes fill up very quickly. Some run at 9.30 in the morning, the rest are around 7-8pm each evening. The gym is closed during the day and opens from 5pm to 9pm each evening. It is not open on weekends.
    The two instructors are very helpful in my experience and also offer PT sessions.
    Cost (from memory) is €20 p.m for just the gym, €35 for just classes, €40 for both - all unlimited access. You can pay as you go for either at €5 per session.
    They have a Facebook page - something like Epic Fitness Phibblestown, but it took me ages to find that. Best to pop in and have a chat with either Martin or Gavin, the trainers.
    Positives are - it is a small community of people and therefore has a good familiarity/ friendly feel about it. Good range of experience attend so I haven't noticed any gym "snobbery" and there is a lot of encouragement to push on if you want it. If you use weights room you don't have to wait too long to use equipment. The classes will stretch anyone, whatever their level of fitness. Local to me so very convenient. Parking is generally good if you need to drive.
    Negatives - limited opening times, not a massive range of equipment. Evening classes fill up VERY quickly so you have to get onto their Facebook list to be able to book in a place each day. Similar monthly cost for other D15 gyms that have more facilities (sauna, pool, etc).

I enjoy it a lot - it has got me off my rear and motivated me to keep going for the last 9 months or so. I was in Ben Dunnes in Blanch at the weekend for my daughter to have a look, and it is miles ahead on options for equipment, opening times, cost etc, but it didn't make me want to change gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Facebook page is:
    Phibblestown Community Centre GYM aka EpicFitness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Thanks very much for all the replies - very helpful...

Advertisement