Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2016

Options
  • 27-01-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi anyone else due in September? EDD of the 27th of September, baby no. 3 for me and will be a section (2 previous sections) even though I would love a VAB2C I know it's not realistic in the hospital I will be attending.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

I'll join in Manitoban :)
    I'm only 5 weeks .... due 28th Sept and it's my first pregnancy so very excited. By the sounds of it your a dab hand at all things baby with No 3 on the way so you might be getting a grilling here!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Congratulations, glad I'm not the only one here :) I went to the doctor to get it confirmed yesterday and she put my Edd as the 28th as well, even though I know I won't get that far. I feel like a complete novice, youngest is 4 so it feels like I have forgotten everything.
    Hope you are not too sick Wotzit, afternoons are pretty rough, but have yet to actually get sick, it would probably be a relief to get sick instead of just feeling it. Got the flu injection today so expect a sore arm tomorrow as well!

Tks Mani and same to you!! it’s all very surreal
    I have zero symptoms …. no fatigue, no sore boobs and no nausea … If the doc hadn’t confirmed our pregnancy on Tues I would be seriously doubting myself but I know it’s still very early days – now that I’ve written those words sods law I’ll probably end up with my head down the toilet for the next 8 months.
    I’m getting my flu jab next Monday – had no idea that was even necessary so I’ll expect a sore arm.

Just wondering if you’ve told anyone? I’m finding that difficult so I’ve decided to tell my parents this evening – my partner wants to hold off but honestly, news as good as this is just too good to hold in imo! If something goes wrong I would be telling them anyway

What hospital are you going to do you mind me asking?

I have told my mum, who has promised not to say anything to anyone yet. My husband works away only getting home every second weekend so I needed a bit of support incase something does go wrong. I will be attending Drogheda, not overly thrilled at the prospect of it but I went private in Daisy hill in newry for my first and to Drogheda on my second and it was far easier to go to Drogheda. Where will you be attending?

decided on semi-private in the Rotunda.... a couple of friends have recently given birth there and couldn't fault their experiences (and the location is the handiest for us too) ... we're only going down the semi-private route because my job pays for a fairly decent health insurance plan that will cover most of it. Otherwise it would be public all the way. I've been told countless times you get the same care so I wouldn't have an issue.

ok so you've told your mam - that makes me feel a bit better! it will be great to talk to her about all this - give my partner a break from all the baby talk ;-) he's great but it's like the blind leading the blind with all this pregnancy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

I'm joining :-)

Due 22nd of September, our first so nervous but excited. Waking up feeling queasy for the last week or so but it lifts around lunchtime.

I'm in Wexford and only get one scan around 20 weeks so have booked in for an early scan next week, I just need reassurance as it we conceived with first month of trying and we both have multiples of both of our maternal and paternal sides so possible for more than one! We've also told our parents, we said no matter what happes they would know anyways

congratulations Wexy :)
    I don't blame you going for an early scan, if I thought I was having twins I'd want to be preparing myself mentally and physically as soon as possible!
    I'm just going for the usual scan at 12 weeks, I can't wait to see if everything is ok.
    when will you have yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Joining here too from the august thread..went for an early scan when I should have been 11 weeks, but apparently baby only measured 8..there was a heartbeat and all looked perfect according to the lady doing it so she guessed I just had an extremely long cycle..so spending half my time wondering if a 7 week cycle is really possible (previously only gone up to maybe 5 and a half weeks at most but majority of time 28-30 days) or is there something up and it's going to end badly? Booked in with HS online a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back about an appointment date yet. When have you all got your first hosp app?

congrats Mich!! appointment in the Rotunda for 15th March - counting the days as it's my first and I don't have any symptoms really ... I suppose its normal to just want that reassurance

Congrats Mich, babies take growth spurts at different rates so if the sonographer wasn't worried I wouldn't worry either!
    I have changed my mind and have decided to go private instead, I keep going over my last c-section and breaking out in a cold sweat. I just need this pregnancy to be as easy as possible and going private will give me a bit of peace of mind. First appointment is the 7th of March which is very exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Plumella

Hi ladies
    I am joining in too.

Wexy86 im also due 22nd
    It is baby number two and likey to be a section following first delivery complications so this date is likely to change.

I have told my mum an husband buy that is all.

I have early scan next week as apart from tiredness I just don't feel pregnant.

Hi plumella, that's nice to go for an early scan, I would love one as I am so impatient to find out everything is ok.
    I am in an awful way with migraines at the minute, I wake up with them and I just can't see, get really bad auras with them, headache isn't too awful but I just feel like I was shook for the day. I don't know how I am going to get the kids to school today I'm just not functioning after this one. 6 weeks today!

Ladies enjoy the no symptoms for the minute esp it you have escaped morning sickness :) I had no symptoms at all on my first and was constantly worried and wished for symptoms, but this time around I just feel like crap from the minute I wake up in the morning and it lasts literally all day..wishing I was having my first time experience again!! :)

Manitoban is private working out expensive? I went semi private last time and it was only 900 and you were in and out quick enough for each app but it was a pretty straight forward pregnancy so didn't feel like I got much out of the semi-p..wondering should I go the same this time or just go public? We have just bought a house and have a lot coming up this year so thinking the money could come in useful elsewhere

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Ladies enjoy the no symptoms for the minute esp it you have escaped morning sickness :) I had no symptoms at all on my first and was constantly worried and wished for symptoms, but this time around I just feel like crap from the minute I wake up in the morning and it lasts literally all day..wishing I was having my first time experience again!! :)

Manitoban is private working out expensive? I went semi private last time and it was only 900 and you were in and out quick enough for each app but it was a pretty straight forward pregnancy so didn't feel like I got much out of the semi-p..wondering should I go the same this time or just go public? We have just bought a house and have a lot coming up this year so thinking the money could come in useful elsewhere

It's €2500 for the consultant, my health insurance will cover up to €4000 of a hospital stay so I'm well covered for that. There is no sp option unfortunately, and I really didn't want the same experience that I had last time.

Manitoban wrote: »
    It's €2500 for the consultant, my health insurance will cover up to €4000 of a hospital stay so I'm well covered for that. There is no sp option unfortunately, and I really didn't want the same experience that I had last time.

Hopefully this one is a better experience for you! :)

Hopefully this one is a better experience for you! :)

I feel calmer about the whole thing since booking in with the consultant. I spent the last year hoping to have a vba2c and reading all the statistics on it, I even contacted the neighbourhood midwives to see about a home birth but in all honesty a planned section instead of torutring myself and possibly failing just isn't an option this time around, I need an easy life!!
    I'm going to be bridesmaid at 33weeks, I don't know how to break the news to the bride... I

Manitoban wrote: »
    I feel calmer about the whole thing since booking in with the consultant. I spent the last year hoping to have a vba2c and reading all the statistics on it, I even contacted the neighbourhood midwives to see about a home birth but in all honesty a planned section instead of torutring myself and possibly failing just isn't an option this time around, I need an easy life!!
    I'm going to be bridesmaid at 33weeks, I don't know how to break the news to the bride... I

Ah because your private, I'd say if you really wanted a vba2c they would prob do it for you..you would be watched close enough for this pregnancy with being private anyway.. What was the reason for your last two sections? Were you induced either time or did you go yourself? They say they can't induce for vba2c as the induction contractions would be too strong..if you really wanted it, then plan for it but just be open minded about having a 3rd section and sure if the vba2c happens then well and good :) but if it doesn't then at least you know yourself you're happy enough with going for the section

Oh lovely! Just ask has she your bridesmaid dress ordered yet and can she add a few extra inches for your measurements lol :)

Hi ladies - went for my early scan today, all went well and as its should be - only the one in there thank god :P measured 7w3d I have 7w1d so very happy. Nice to have that peace of mind.

My morning sickness has progressed to all day sickness without actually getting sick - constantly feel horrible and have no appetite. Looking forward to this phase passing!

@Manitoban - I'm also going to be bm at 33 weeks. The bride is anxious to order dresses this month so will need to tell her soon enough. No idea what size dress to order tho, normally a 12 so will I go for a 14/16/18 - no idea. There is elastic under the bust so that buys me some wriggle room if I explode :( it's one of those multiway dresses so hoping it can be forgiving/as flattering as any dress can be :pac:

Wexy (by the way autocorrect seriously plays up with that username so forgive me if I call you something else lol) delighted the scan went so well, I would love to go for an early scan next weekend when DH is home, just for piece of mind and so he will get to a scan, he will miss the rest of them. Was it an internal scan or just normal ultrasound?
    I'm pretty bad with morning sickness, sick at least once a day which is quite a shock, got sick maximum twice in total on previous two pregnancies. I don't want to eat anything but know it's worse if I don't eat, don't fancy any food even so it's a chore to eat.
    The bride hasn't even started looking at dresses yet, I'm hoping to get a bit further on without having to tell but obviously I will tell if we go looking at dresses before 12 weeks.

Is there anything that works for morning sickness girls? Even just a small bit if relief..Having terrible trouble the last few days..haven't actually got sick but the nausea all day is wearing me thin and my OH isn't being overly supportive :( like yourself manitoban, it's a chore to eat and the thought of anything and everything just repulses me but if I dont eat, I feel 10 times worse :(

• Advertisement

Is there anything that works for morning sickness girls? Even just a small bit if relief..Having terrible trouble the last few days..haven't actually got sick but the nausea all day is wearing me thin and my OH isn't being overly supportive :( like yourself manitoban, it's a chore to eat and the thought of anything and everything just repulses me but if I dont eat, I feel 10 times worse :(

I'm actually have a good day today, didn't have the school run so had breakfast first thing. Hopefully it stays this way for a wee bit longer.
    I find crackers (the sea salt crackers in lidl) ginger nut biscuits and don't laugh but Liga all help a small bit. I had a Liga going to bed and it settled my stomach when I was sure I was going to get sick again.

Manitoban it was a normal ultrasound, I was warned that it may end up being internal if I had my dates wrong - I think they said anything under 6 weeks would need an internal, def book it in :)

MichB I've no idea why this is working but yesterday and today I had the green vit hit drink, apple and elderflower before getting out of bed and it really helped, now it could just be 2 good days but I've stocked up just in case - I'll try anything.

Trying to explain to hubby what it's like and the only description I could give was a bad never ending hangover after mixing your drink :pac:

Thanks girls, will give both a try. I can imagine the looks of me sitting in work with my liga :):) anything is worth a go though! The sea salt Jacobs crackers worked wonders on baby no1 but not so much this time..sickness has just about cooled off for today and it's bedtime :( really hoping this is not how it is to be for the next few weeks..I really don't think I could cope

I'm so glad I work from home, I am so sick at times I don't know how I would manage. I have never felt tiredness like it either, I feel like I have been hit by a bus, just floored completely. Can't wait for Dh to come home this weekend, I need a lie on! 7 weeks today.

7 weeks today :-) .... last weekend was the first time I felt any sort of pregnancy symptoms (apart from going to the loo more often, I feel like that just doubled from the day I found out I was pregnant, I'm up at least once during the night now) ... but yeah at the weekend I felt queasy and just not myself and now I have a of head cold .... but I'm not sure if that's a result of getting the flu jab?? it's hard to know

is anyone feeling bloated? I'm ok(ish) during the day... but jesus in the evening time, I look about 4/5 months??????? that's one big blueberry if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Hi ladies my estimated due date is 27th Sept. This is my 5th I have 2 boys and 2 girls. I have terrible morning/day/night sickness :( Here's hoping we all have healthy and relatively happy pregnancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Hi ladies, hoping I can join the thread. We're due on the 30th September with our first baby. Very excited and nervous also. No morning sickness so far- just sore boobs, needing to pee all night and insomnia. I work a very physical job and on my feet all day so I'm finding I'm wrecked in work every day

Hi Lou and Chooey!
    We told my in laws today, makes it very real telling people. Had a birthday party for my son and I am just wrecked now, 20 kids for 3 hours was HARD!! Had great help though thankfully.
    Lou hope the sickness isn't too bad, I'm still sick at least once a day, sometimes more which sucks big time. I have lost weight with all the vomiting.

Hi Ladies - how we all getting on? My all day sickness is now only mid afternoon to night sickness, progress :)

When is everyone telling work? I work for a large multinational and while maternity is anticipated it halts your career for an extended period even when you return. Think I'll wait until the 13 week mark, have a colleagues wedding Paddys week so will announce then I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Glad to hear the sickness has eased up. I'm doing well- still no sickness but had some sharp cramps yesterday which have gone today so hopefully it'll be ok. I think I'll have to tell my boss next week- as my job is very physical and it's on the medical field, there are certain drugs that I shouldn't be in contact with and also I'm trying not to lift heavy things. I'm dreading telling them though as I know it'll leave them stuck

Advertisement