Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

How did the scan go Chooey?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

How is everyone doing lately? Anyone start shopping for baby bits and bobs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Greetings all. My best before date is 29th September (Due 15th).

Haven't bought anything yet but heavy browsing has commenced.
    There's so much overlap between different products that I'm trying to work out which set of overlaps to go for.

Greetings all. My best before date is 29th September (Due 15th).

Haven't bought anything yet but heavy browsing has commenced.
    There's so much overlap between different products that I'm trying to work out which set of overlaps to go for.

It's so difficult to know which is best, I guess they are all 'good' just suited to diff peoples tastes and requirements. Read as many reviews as possible and try to view cot/buggy etc in person and try them out before buying online. This is my 2nd so have a fair idea from the 1st what il need/not need, what's useful and what's not and then what extra bits I want this time. Have picked up a few neutral bits so far, vests etc. Have a lot from baby no1 so won't need cot, Moses basket, car seats and that..maybe a new buggy :) def going to go for a newborn photoshoot this time when baby is born. One of my biggest regrets from last time. We did get pixi photos but weren't great and v expensive for what they were but gutted now I didn't get more.

I am going to go to the baby fair in the rds and possibly buy a car seat, we left ours behind in Canada when moving back home. I have all the girls clothes I could need but no boys bits, left behind also :(
    I'm going to find out the sex though, I feel very disconnected from this pregnancy, I think if I know what it is it might help.
    I have a bugaboo bee so have bought a red newborn cocoon for it, but I might buy a Cameleon, I would do a lot of walking and they are lovely for country roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

No purchasing done yet but same as ye, a lot of browsing. Went looking at travel systems today, felt a bit overwhelmed with all the choice and said we'll go back in another few weeks, first baby for us but getting recommendations from the whole world and their mother so very confused!

I'm liking the look of the quinny and out and about with the all the bits, was wanting a bugaboo cameleon but himself was not feeling it today so that's that gone.
    got the date for my big scan this morning but need to change it to the Domino's unit, hopefully it won't change too much. always said we'd never find out the sex but now I need to know provided the babs wants to show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Manitoban wrote: »
    How did the scan go Chooey?

Hi sorry haven't gotten a chance to reply. It went well thankfully. All looks good so far. Thanks for checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm thinking of going to the baby fair too just so I can check out the buggies in one place. We'll bring some money in case we see anything else.

Loving the look of the bugaboo myself too. Are they worth the money Manitoban? Seems like a lot for a buggy as they are never really on offer or reduced down. All the andy warhol fabrics for them are fab tho!! Also liking the look of the mamas and papas urbo..have heard some good reviews on it, meant to be quite compact too and easy to fold and it's down to like €400 or something at the mo. May hold out for the baby fair as well though. Going to find out the gender too, hopefully in two weeks!! Not long until the half way mark now! It's really flying in!

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Loving the look of the bugaboo myself too. Are they worth the money Manitoban? Seems like a lot for a buggy as they are never really on offer or reduced down. All the andy warhol fabrics for them are fab tho!! Also liking the look of the mamas and papas urbo..have heard some good reviews on it, meant to be quite compact too and easy to fold and it's down to like €400 or something at the mo. May hold out for the baby fair as well though. Going to find out the gender too, hopefully in two weeks!! Not long until the half way mark now! It's really flying in!

Well to be honest I haven't bought a new pram since the first one I bought, I have only bought second hand since. I couldn't justify the price new definitely not, but would pick up one in excellent condition for about €450.

• Advertisement

Our front runner at the moment is the armadillo flip xt from mamas and papas.
    Not 100% convinced yet, and while the price isn't as bad as some of them it's still a bit eye watering.

Aside from that the chicco beside the bed cot, an ikea cot (that can start as a downstairs cot) and a malm chest of drawers to double as a changing table and that'll be the basics covered. Probably a bouncer of some description too.

How's everyone doing? Seems very quiet around here. Hoping that means the hospital will be quiet when our time comes too! (Seems very unlikely!)

Hi, it's shocking quite alright. I have had a very productive day, got a bugaboo for a complete bargain, then my friend called to say mothercare had Maxi cosi cabrio-fix car seats for €89! So picked one of those up as well so I'm sorted. Got car seatbelt extenders delivered last week so I won't have to change my car either which is such a relief.
    How's everyone feeling? I'm shattered still, no boost in energy since hitting the second trimester, and still vomiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Very quiet here compared to other threads! I like your thinking PhoenixParker about the hospital, fingers crossed.

Feeling grand, still have the upset stomach daily but not near as bad as first trimester, thought it would have lifted by now. Hoping the appetite will come back soon, I miss being hungry :D I find myself out of breath very easy these days, even a brisk walk/few flights of stairs and I need to stop to catch my breath and I wouldn't be unfit so I've stopped the jogging as I wasn't getting very far :( and taken up aqua aerobics three times a week, all going well so far :)

Manitoban, tell me more about these bargains - did you get them online or in store? Always on the lookout for a good bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ChillyAngel

I'm just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My moods have been terrible since the end of Jan (before I even found out I was pregnant).

Energy levels seem to have increased a bit. I have a flabby belly all of a sudden which led to me to weighing myself but I've lost 1/2 a stone. It's all very confusing. :D What's this roll of fat? I thought bumps were firm.

Had a 16 week appointment today. Baby looking great. All clear for release to the Domino scheme. Delighted. (Had a MMC last year, plus an op in December so had to visit the hospital to make sure there were no additional complications.)

Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing with the Domino scheme from here in. My priority is avoiding several nights on a public ward. I've visited friends with newborns and it looked like hell on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

I'll second the breathlessness that's Wexy's feeling ... I can't walk up a stairs without sounding like an 80 year old at the top of it ... it's very strange and I've been feeling that way for most of my pregnancy - and I thought I was fit!! I used to run 3 times a week.... not a chance in hell now!!!

but other than that 15 weeks and flying :-) ... I have a bump now and I'm LOVING it.

Re ... shopping.... I've bought one little babygro with 'I Love My Daddy' on it. I was nearly bawling in Next at the till. Oh you gotta love the hormones. But that's it. We walked into Mothercare last week because it had a big sale on and walked out about 2 mins later. We haven't a clue and don't know the difference between one thing and another. And that's why this forum is so good, to get peoples advice and hear about other people's experiences etc

I haven't got the breathlessness you guys describe, but I swear I can feel my heart thumping away any time I sit still for a moment. There are times I can pretty much take a pulse anywhere I put my hand. Blood pressure's fine though so I guess it's "pregnancy normal".

I have the breathlessness too, not fun and only the start of it!
    I have heartburn already, I still am vomiting so I really didn't expect to have heartburn on top of morning sickness.

The bargains I got were in store in mothercare, maxi cosi cabriofix for €89 and I got the bugaboo on adverts, it's like new I can't believe what a bargain it was! I have been using it for the wee girl I mind and I love it, although it's huge in my boot compared to the bee, but I'm not getting rid of the bee so that can be my car buggy (I have a slight obsession with buggies lol)
    I'm also thinking of getting a sling this time, I have friends that use slings all the time and they are very handy! Wouldn't be a full time baby wearer myself but for dropping the kids to school it would be handy instead of lifting the car seat.

Hope you are all well ladies. Picked up our new buggy at the weekend, we went for the armadillo flip xt from mamas and papas. We liked that, the urbo and the sola so got a demo of them all in the shop and it seemed like the best one. The sola looked really difficult to fold, but the flip folds with one hand (just Incase you are holding baby) and it's sooo small and compact too (had a Quinny for no1 and it took up the whole of my boot, the flip xt is about half that size folded!)

Have bought a couple of baby grows, bibs, vests etc. Roll on the baby fair this wkend..hopefully get a few nice bits, maybe a baby bag :) 19 weeks today!

• Advertisement

Mich have you been to the baby fair before? I was supposed to go with a friend but she can't go now so trying to figure if it's worth going on my own.

Mich have you been to the baby fair before? I was supposed to go with a friend but she can't go now so trying to figure if it's worth going on my own.

If you can go, I would go. Yes have been to most of them now lol, they do two a year, April and sept - April is the 'big' one. Lots of good offers at it and great advice from most of the people there too, plus u can test out prams etc and see nearly everything all in the one place without the need of going from one baby shop to the next. Even the little bits you get at it are normally good, plus lots of freebies. Examples of the little things Iv got before

Box of newborn nappies €10 - normally the best offers in the shops are €12 to €15 so still a saving,
    Water wipes 4 for €5 - again, normally at best they are €2 each in the shops, usually 2.99 a piece.
    Mam bottles and accessories - normally have 3 for €10 on accessories and box of bottles half price
    Tommee tipper - last year the had a stand with bottles, sterilisers, perfect prep machine etc all half price
    Mothercare usually have a section with 20% off clothing and accessories
    Elc do also have a section with good savings
    Clevamama usually have their stuff at €5/€10 price points - usually €15 for the towel in the shops, €30 for memory box etc
    Baby elegance - got cotbedbsheets and stuff last yr for €5 a piece, also a toddler bag for €5 - 16.99 in the shop

That's about what I can remember, there will be loads of other offers too.

If you like the look of a buggy/cot etc you can also book one on the day with the likes of tony kealys, baby elegance, mothercare etc

Well that sounds too good to pass since I have the tickets already! Thanks for that mich!
    Is anyone not showing yet? I'm still in my normal jeans and just looks like I had a bit too much chocolate over Easter, I was way bigger on my second and in maternity clothes by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Got car seatbelt extenders delivered last week so I won't have to change my car either which is such a relief. .
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but seat belt extenders are not safe for using with car seats. They are for overweight people not for use with kids. They can be really dangerous so I strongly recommend you don't use them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but seat belt extenders are not safe for using with car seats. They are for overweight people not for use with kids. They can be really dangerous so I strongly recommend you don't use them.

I have never heard this? Do you have a source? The car seats strap in the exact same way as before, they just don't have as far to reach in order to strap in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

I have never heard this? Do you have a source? The car seats strap in the exact same way as before, they just don't have as far to reach in order to strap in?

I am on the Extended Rear facing Facebook page. The guy from the RSA Check it Fits campaign is on there and he said that seat belt extenders cause buckle crunch. Buckle crunch is when the buckle is leaving on the car seat frame and means in the event of a collision it can snap open or break. If you Google RSA and buckle crunch they have a pdf document that I can't link in here.

They were also talking about it on the Anton Savage show on today fm show a few weeks ago and how they should never be used to car seats.

If you want to pm me I can direct you to the Facebook page and you could join there for advice.

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Hope you are all well ladies. Picked up our new buggy at the weekend, we went for the armadillo flip xt from mamas and papas. We liked that, the urbo and the sola so got a demo of them all in the shop and it seemed like the best one. The sola looked really difficult to fold, but the flip folds with one hand (just Incase you are holding baby) and it's sooo small and compact too (had a Quinny for no1 and it took up the whole of my boot, the flip xt is about half that size folded!)

Have bought a couple of baby grows, bibs, vests etc. Roll on the baby fair this wkend..hopefully get a few nice bits, maybe a baby bag :) 19 weeks today!

Think we're going for the Armadillo Flip XT too. It's been the front runner for about three weeks and I haven't found anything to beat it yet.

I'm half tempted to go to the baby fair this weekend, on the other hand I really don't feel ready to actually buy anything yet. I want to wait 'til after the anatomy scan.

Think we're going for the Armadillo Flip XT too. It's been the front runner for about three weeks and I haven't found anything to beat it yet.

I'm half tempted to go to the baby fair this weekend, on the other hand I really don't feel ready to actually buy anything yet. I want to wait 'til after the anatomy scan.

Yeah looked really good to us and folds up so compact too which is def a plus after having a Quinny!

I know what ya mean, you could even go and have a look around and get the inside opinions on anything you have in mind from the 'experts'. When is your scan?

So did anyone go at the weekend? I went and had a great day! Got a lovely pink lining changing bag for half price, got a breast pump and all the bottles I will ever need, plus about 3 free ones with so others included. Any about 2 bags full of freebies. I thought it was well worth going when all it cost was petrol and parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

sounds like it was well worth it! I thought it was on the weekend before last so looks like I've missed the boat there :-(
    are they on regularly does anyone know? I always just ignored the ads on the radio about baby fairs - how things change eh!

just wanted to ask.... is anyone feeling anything? I felt something a few times over the weekend that I can only describe as a light tickle/tiny flutter inside my tummy just under my bellybutton ... is this it???!!!!!!

Advertisement