Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sanymc

Scan today. Well all i can day is wow . Husband asked the gender and doctor was like no i wont be looking at it. He constantley reffered me as "hunny" witch i found rather uncomfortable. Thank god last minute plans with husband fell throughout and he could have come to the scan otherwise safe to say i would have been freaked out. Not sure do i even want male doctor bit disapointed that my big scan was ruined by that mans presance . Very unproffesional

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Sanymc wrote: »
    Scan today. Well all i can day is wow . Husband asked the gender and doctor was like no i wont be looking at it. He constantley reffered me as "hunny" witch i found rather uncomfortable. Thank god last minute plans with husband fell throughout and he could have come to the scan otherwise safe to say i would have been freaked out. Not sure do i even want male doctor bit disapointed that my big scan was ruined by that mans presance . Very unproffesional

Gosh that sounds a bit mad? Was it a doctor or a sonographer doing the scan? Hopefully you don't have to deal with him again as he sounds like an obnoxious prick.

Manitoban wrote: »
    Gosh that sounds a bit mad? Was it a doctor or a sonographer doing the scan? Hopefully you don't have to deal with him again as he sounds like an obnoxious prick.

Nope that was an actual doctor. I think i will contact someone regards this. He was very unprofessional my husband didnt like it one bit. Also he tried to convince us that we never done glucose test and i had my husbad drop me in docs so im 100% we had done it but there was no way he would take that for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Where are you attending Sanymc? Are you public?
    That all sounds a bit mad. I didn't think doctors were qualified to do an anatomy scan.

I had an issue with the Rotunda losing some of my details, or specifically sending me a letter about a missed appointment that I didn't miss.
    I also found the doc in there a bit rude the two times I saw her (public but by coincidence saw the same doc twice). They've allowed me to switch back to the Domino's now thank god.

Where are you attending Sanymc? Are you public?
    That all sounds a bit mad. I didn't think doctors were qualified to do an anatomy scan.

I had an issue with the Rotunda losing some of my details, or specifically sending me a letter about a missed appointment that I didn't miss.
    I also found the doc in there a bit rude the two times I saw her (public but by coincidence saw the same doc twice). They've allowed me to switch back to the Domino's now thank god.

Scan only intailed seeing babys head heartbeat and afterbirth. It wasnt even anatomy scan it took in total about minute. And as far as i know i wont have scan now untill im about to deliver. No biggie.. i just hope i wont be stuck with that mad doctor untill the end.

Im public and with CUMH and never had unpleasent visits untill today. Please ladies if you do attend there make sure u havent set ur heart on finding out so u wont be as disappointed as my husband was.

I think i might het him scan as present tho pur aniversary is comming up and i think he would love it :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Some hospitals have a policy of not determining sex. It's pretty standard in the UK on the NHS. Basically if you want to know the sex of your baby in the UK you have to get a private scan to do it. So it may well be that our hospitals are beginning to adopt a similar rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ The Whittington in north London had no problem telling us we were having a boy at the 20 week scan.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've only seen it on some parenting forums and I think it differs between different hospital trusts.

23 weeks today.

I now regard myself as half way. (I don't count the first 4 weeks because you don't know you're pregnant and I fully expect to go to 42 as my Mother did with her first two pregnancies).

Babs is kicking away in little spates, getting stronger.

A friend of mine was joking about going early the other day. His wife went ten weeks early last time out and it hit me that that'd only be two months away! Really should start buying stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Well how's everyone doing? All very quiet here!

Currently on a weeks holiday in the sun, bit of a different holiday with no alcohol and no real activities but loving the chilling everyday.

When we get home time to start the big purchases, feel the last 4 weeks have flown by, I'm sure I won't be saying that for the next 4 months :D

• Advertisement

Not doing that great to be honest alot has gone on starting with family ending with my partner. Had to go see Gp as im now after sinking in to full on depression. Caught my husband doing things that broke my heart in mean time . So looks like i wont have that great and awesome turnout like everyone has. But sure most important now is the little baby in my tummy. Im very concerned about post partum depression also . I have not gone throughout the greatest times . So vonurable now...hope all you ladies having great time tho c

F ck Sanymc - that sounds terrible, no words can help I'm sure but seeing the doc to get help is the first step. My sis has suffered with depression all her life but no post partum on her 2 kids so it may not be for you either. Try not to be thinking that far ahead as just take each day as it comes. My sis kids have been the turnaround her, gave her a new focus of life so maybe your little one will the beginning of the upwards and onwards life you're due! i know we're all strangers but feel free to pm me if you need support, terrible to hear of anyone going through this sort of stuff xx

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Hi ladies, haven't really posted since my mam died in march. Things are going well with the baby so far thankfully. Had our big scan nearly 2 weeks ago and all looks good but the sonographer thinks it's going to be a big baby and I'm measuring 8 days ahead now. Didn't find out the sex though I am dying to know! Have bought quite a few things at this stage for the baby- couldn't help buying clothes and bought a huge amount at the baby fair last month.
    One question I was wondering is how much weight roughly should we have put on at this stage? I've gained 2 kg and I'm not sure if that's too little or too much. Haven't been weighed in the hospital since my initial appointment so haven't had a chance to discuss it with them. I'm 22 + 2 now.

Great to hear you're doing well Chooey, can only imagine the past few months on you.

Can't wait to get the big bits myself, I'm getting carried away with all the small stuff, I don't know where all this is going to go :o

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow by my dates and 23+4 by the doctor, I'm up about 4kg/9lb. To be fair I weighed myself last when I came back off honeymoon early Nov so not sure what I was when I became pregnant, I was in the whole I'm married and eating like a pig phase over Christmas :D

Someone posted this link somewhere and I saved it, gives a guide as to what is the normal weight gain, I'm comparing myself to this and all seems ok

http://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

last trimester ladies :D

I still mentally feel like I have 26 weeks left rather then 26 weeks gone.
    I don't think I can fully convince myself that there's going to be a baby here in three months. Haven't bought anything yet.

The last few weeks have been almost pleasant, since the exhaustion finally lifted at about 19 weeks. The last few days I've had a few inklings of what's to come. Kicks are getting stronger, baby has spent an hour or three nestled against my lungs making it feel difficult to catch my breath and then occasionally he sits down into my pelvis in such a way that I can't lean forward.

Still mostly comfortable though.

Well ladies yesterday went for 3d scan simply because i knew it will be worth it since i have been so upset . And by god that lifted my spirits . I attended 3d screening just across cumh and finally found out im having a little boy. I was convinved it was girl but look it little boy now. God im so happy . Wish i could see him more often he is perfect in every single way possible. As it goes to my husband still same boat. Wish it all could have been different. I hope you ladies arent feeling too exausted in this heat . Im pretty comfy still . Just tired :)

Well ladies yesterday went for 3d scan simply because i knew it will be worth it since i have been so upset . And by god that lifted my spirits . I attended 3d screening just across cumh and finally found out im having a little boy. I was convinved it was girl but look it little boy now. God im so happy . Wish i could see him more often he is perfect in every single way possible. As it goes to my husband still same boat. Wish it all could have been different. I hope you ladies arent feeling too exausted in this heat . Im pretty comfy still . Just tired :)

Must book ourselves a 3D scan. Since I have an anterior placenta, sooner rather then later is recommended.

Finally started baby shopping at the weekend. Got pretty much all the big stuff ordered. Armadillo Flip XT with car seat and base, chicco next to be crib, a bath support, a set of bottles and steriliser, a baby monitor and a few bits and pieces like travel cot sheets. Need to switch out the baby monitor as we picked it because it was on sale, but looking at the reviews it's not great.

We did the Mamas and Papas thing for new parents. They give big discounts at the events if you spend a big chunk in store (easy when you buy the buggy!). Also worth noting that they've a big sale starting this weekend.

Pregnancy wise baby is still very much and very clearly getting bigger. Still comfortable MOST of the time, but every so often he does a turn somehow and I spend a few hours thinking y'argh get the hell out of there.

You sound very organised pheonixparker! I would love to get a 3D scan done but can't justify any extra scans. Have had 3 already, 1 tomorrow as they need to check an ovarian cyst that was picked up at my 20 week scan, then a routine one at 30 weeks. I only have at the very most 13 weeks left until the baby arrives and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by the thoughts of it all. That sounds terrible but I'm exhausted at the minute and have so much to do before taking a newborn into the house (like getting my 4.5yr old to sleep through the flipping night!!!)
    I'm still getting sick as well, can hardly believe I am still sick. Dr has put me on Losec which is supposed to be really good but has done nothing, apart from kill off the awful heartburn I was getting from puking so much. I am going to stop taking them though as I feel bad taking any medication even though I know they are safe.

Hey ladies hope everythings is going ok for yee. I am on my summer holiday but popped in to work yesterday to see how everyone was. Well either way one of the girls said there is 2 separate girls in past week that gave birth and they where told wrong gender . Now dont get me wrong i dont care its girl or boy but im very very scared now . All i have is blue EVERYWHERE. Now im very nervous weather my baby will be stuck in blue untill he or she will be 6 months old lol

• Advertisement

All i have is blue EVERYWHERE.

I understand what your saying :D I have pink everything, the one neutral outfit but pink pink pink after that!!

Is it that common that they get the gender wrong? Never heard of anyone myself m!

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I understand what your saying :D I have pink everything, the one neutral outfit but pink pink pink after that!!

Is it that common that they get the gender wrong? Never heard of anyone myself m!

I hope it's not too common, I would get quite a shock if this baby came out a boy!!

How's everyone feeling? Third trimester for me tomorrow, can't believe it to be honest. My blood pressure is up at the minute and I don't know at what point should I go to my gp/consultant. I really don't want to go on blood pressure medication like I did on my son but I feel pretty crappy with high blood pressure.
    On a really positive note I haven't vomited in 1 week!!!! I am so delighted I can't believe it has finally stopped!!

Well 2 people i know myself personally last year gave birth to miricle basicly where told they where expecting girls and out came 2 loveley boys. ( i only found that put after posting on facebook im expecting a boy ) at this point i had allready gone well over board with blues. Now it looks like it happens alot more in Cork than in any other hospitals . So fingers crossed we all be ok. Has anyone started to prepare paper work for maternety benefit? I filled out form had my doc filling it out and now dropped to my employer. I was advised to start process rather early then later nut not not to send it in earlier than 6 weeks before intended leave. Also u must take at least 2 weeks before birth. Witch sets u back at 8 weeks. So im fearly on the ball. Also i was advised that you must apply for that new social welfare card in order to get it so i done that today sonce i was never getting any payments from them

All going ok here. Have a midwife appointment at the end of the week. Haven't had any appointment in ages, it's my first proper appointment under the Domino scheme. Baby was quiet for a few days there which was worrying, but if I stopped and focused on movement I could feel kicks, just softer and in different places (down low and towards the back). Think he was head up, but he's back to head down now judging by today's belts. Need to ask midwife about classes and stuff. They ticked yes at the booking appointment for all the breastfeeding etc. but I've never followed up on that. Hoping I haven't left it too late.

I've filled out my paperwork but still need to give it to the doctor. We're due to move house in the next two weeks so want that to be done first so I don't need to faff about with changing addresses.

Other then that, I'm doing ok. Last few weeks have been grand. Last few days (except last night) I've slept better and woken up feeling more refreshed since the pregnancy started. Still counting down the days though!

I'm counting down the days here too. I actually went for a 2 hour nap this afternoon, it was bliss!!
    If anyone is thinking of getting a sling there is a really good one on www.nctshop.co.uk I ordered a sling and a Boob breastfeeding top and they were £27 including delivery!! There is a code sale75 gets 75% off site wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Ladies, any of you that got the armadillo flip xt, I got an email from m&p this morning about a recall on certain pushchairs. Basically you have to book it in and they send it off for testing and make amendments with it if it's one of the effected ones. 50 gift voucher for the inconvenience. Have mine booked in for this weekend so it's checked and back before little miss gets here :)

We got one but haven't collected it yet.
    Darn it, If we'd been faster picking it up we'd have the voucher.

So how are all?
    After a few quiet days of little movement babs has obviously turned a different way again and he's thumping away all day.
    Meant to see the doctor this week, but he couldn't fit me in until Tuesday, and then I've a midwives appointment on Friday anyway, so it's really beginning to get buys on that end of things.

Had a few nights of practically no sleep but the last two have been ok so I feel human again now.
    Can't believe we're down to single digit weeks!

Not single weeks until next week for me PhoenixParker!!

All going well, met with consultant for this first and only time this week(doing dominos), all standard and measured the 30 weeks as I am - starting to get uncomfortable sleeping now so only getting 4/5 hours a night. I don't feel too tired so maybe it's all prep for when the baby arrives!!

Starting getting the bits for the hospital bags today, kinda got side tracked in tk Max when I was looking for towels and bought a rake of baby stuff, hubby was just as bad picking up little boxes of socks and the likes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

How is everyone doing? Did any of you brave the next sale yesterday? We went and got loads for little miss :) still haven't found a 'going home outfit' yet though.

Started the hospital bag the other night too to see what else I need and my god do I forget what I needed the first time lol.i just remember not actually using half of it but the lists I found online seem mad. 8 babygrows/vests for baby?! I was only planning being there a night or two at most hopefully!

Has anyone thought of any names?

Starting to get really panicky lately for some reason. Just keep feeling like something bad is going to happen. :( everytime I don't feel movement for a couple of hours I do fear the worst. Placenta is at the front so it's prob more me not feeling the movement due to that then actually no movement. Out of the close group of friends I have, two of them both lost baby girls which were both their second babies so hard not to fear the worst sometimes.

Advertisement