Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sanymc

Everything thank god is running smoothly have name picked - Kai. For some reason im not worried at all . Im not fully sorted and clothes are not washed ( shop baught, but i even wash my own before using ) . I know the day is comming soon. And its my first . And im still not even worried about it. I am so chilled i dont feel tired , no heartburn im just as i used to be. Just like up 4 sizes in pants. Sometimes I wonder is he ok since everything is like it used to be. But ive apointment tomarrow in hospital. So ill get glimpse of him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Doc appointment was grand this morning. Everything spot on.
    Still pretty comfortable overall too so counting my blessings.
    The doctor did ask me if I was still OK to work. The temptation, especially with the recent weather, was unreal.

Bit jealous of your scan sanymc. I wouldn't mind another goo at mine but it'll be d-day before that happens unless there's a problem.

Moved house two weeks ago so can finally start picking up/assembling what we've ordered. The big things are sorted but while I've a few bits of small things I haven't nearly enough. Not a nappy in sight yet for instance and about two newborn Babygros.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Great to hear everyone is doing so well! I had a scan today and still measuring big, I even came home and triple checked my dates are correct lol I have consistently measured big by 8 days, but I'm booked in anyway for a section on the 20th, so in 9 weeks today it will all be over with. Im fairly fed up being pregnant I must admit. I started on iron two weeks ago on Drs advice as I was really dizzy as well as exhausted and I thankfully have more energy now. I have a very busy few weeks with my cousins hen & wedding which I'm bridesmaid at so glad I have a bit more energy!
    Sanymac that must be so lovely to have settled on a name, lovely name as well.

How's everyone doing?

35 weeks today, struggling a bit with work, mostly lack of motivation due to having one foot out the door. 3 weeks left.

Hospital bag is half packed, or 90% of the stuff is piled up in one place ready to shove in a bag if necessary. Hope to actually pack it over the weekend. Baby clothes are washed, buggy has arrived and been assembled. They mystery of car seat straps is still challenging me but I'm sure I'll work it out over the weekend. Need to assemble the cot.

Today's most exciting thing is hitting line 1 of this chart:
    http://spacefem.com/pregnant/due.php?use=EDD&m=09&d=15&y=16

Can't believe we're so close now!

Hey guys quick question since its my first baby obviously i do not know much about the whole process. So last night i was in terrible pain my crotch seemed like its ripping appart. And it wasnt gonna stop . I feel like i have burning sensation now in my groin / crotch just wondering is this what they call lightening ?

• Advertisement

Can't help you I'm afraid Sanymc, first timer myself but I've had a few lightening crotch/stop head butting my cervix moments myself. Can't say it felt like my crotch was ripping apart.

37 weeks today.
    Ended up at the doctor's yesterday due to a high blood pressure reading last week.
    All back to normal and got a scan out of my three hour wait so at least there's that!
    Head down and appropriately sized with blood pressure back to normal so it's back to the midwives and their 20 minute max wait time next week.

Work has been far more bearable this week, both due to working from home and knowing the end is genuinely in sight.

No early babies here?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Can't help you I'm afraid Sanymc, first timer myself but I've had a few lightening crotch/stop head butting my cervix moments myself.
    No early babies here?

Same as you PP, Had a few moments but nothing constant thank god.

No early baby from me anyhow, 36 weeks and still getting a lot of rib kicking, little madam doesn't want to seem to move down at all :rolleyes:

Back with the dominos on Monday so will see what the say about baby not being engaged yet. Really starting to feel heavy and uncomfortable at this stage but all going well overall other than a bit of hip pain. Swimming seems to be helping ease the back pain, can't walk up the stairs without being out of breathe but can swim lengths upon lengths!

How's everyone else holding up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

2 weeks left here for us. Although herself is hoping it is done with sooner.

Mucus plug appears to be gone or near enough.

Pinkish/red came with it yesterday.

But with me being a man i don't understand it.

I was told it could mean something then again maybe not.

KC161 wrote: »
    I was told it could mean something then again maybe not.

Like pretty much everything in pregnancy!

The whole "oooh is this it/no/THIS?/no" aspect of the last few weeks is starting to do my head in.

Like pretty much everything in pregnancy!

The whole "oooh is this it/no/THIS?/no" aspect of the last few weeks is starting to do my head in.

No one is forcing you to be part of this thread.

Fine i understand your point but i am seeking a genuine opinion, not grief.

• Advertisement

KC161 wrote: »
    No one is forcing you to be part of this thread.

Fine i understand your point but i am seeking a genuine opinion, not grief.

I think you've really mis-interpreted what I wrote.

You do realise I'm due in two weeks myself and talking about my own situation.
    You didn't seek any opinion. Your post contains no question.

Perhaps you'd like to ask one?

I think you've really mis-interpreted what I wrote.

You do realise I'm due in two weeks myself and talking about my own situation.
    You didn't seek any opinion. Your post contains no question.

Perhaps you'd like to ask one?

I'm a man asking a question for my other half. I haven't a clue what she is on about and she asked me to ask fellow boardsies for there opinion. Is it nothing/is it slow labour etc.

I don't like asking those questions but she asked me to do it.

Thank god boards.ie is anonymous to an extent.

But there is no question in your post.

At a guess, you intended to ask something like, what does losing the mucus plug mean with respect to the onset of labour?
    The answer is what she's already told you. It can mean something, it can mean nothing.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

KC , Phoenix, it looks like you have taken each other up the wrong way, and its spoiling a nice friendly supportive thread. Stop sniping at each other.

These threads are open to all parents to post if they wish. And they do not need to be posing a question to post here.

Neyite wrote: »
    Mod:

KC , Phoenix, it looks like you have taken each other up the wrong way, and its spoiling a nice friendly supportive thread. Stop sniping at each other.

These threads are open to all parents to post if they wish. And they do not need to be posing a question to post here.

The only reason I was looking for a question was because KC161 seemed to believe he had asked one that he was anxious to get an answer to, yet his post didn't contain one.

My post this morning was meant in a nice friendly supportive vein, the same as my dozens of other posts on this thread.

It's a bit frustrating when someone (not you Neyite) randomly takes you up the wrong way and implies you shouldn't be participating in a thread you've been participating in for months.

I'm very sorry for asking any questions or making anyone uncomfortable about questions I asked. I wish ye all very best but i won't be following this thread anymore as it seems to have turned nasty. Well wishes to all babas due in September :)

Not sure who is left but hopefully not too many have left!

How's everyone doing? My waters have broken and currently in hospital waiting, will be induced tomorrow if no natural movement! 19 days early, was only due to finish work next week so was working until yest, would have liked a few days to get my bits sorted but wasn't to be, ah well :D

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Not sure who is left but hopefully not too many have left!

How's everyone doing? My waters have broken and currently in hospital waiting, will be induced tomorrow if no natural movement! 19 days early, was only due to finish work next week so was working until yest, would have liked a few days to get my bits sorted but wasn't to be, ah well :D

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Wexy best of luck that is very exciting!! I'm in for a section on the 20th so 17.5 days left, can't wait!!! I have been having pains on and off for the past 3 hours and my bump has dropped big time, i will have to go straight in if I am in labour but don't know if I am or not... So hard to know without waters breaking or anything!

Best of luck today Wexy!
    Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly today!

Became the proud father of a baby boy at 8pm this evening. Over the moon is an understatement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Congrats to all the new mammys and daddy's so far :) hope the rest of us aren't waiting too long! Two days to go to official DD but expecting to go over.

I'm 37weeks today and I'm just so over being pregnant right now. Morning sickness is back with a vengeance, just puked up everything I ate today, my stomach just doesn't seem to be able to digest food. Booked in for a section in 13days thank god.

Thanks for the well wishes, my little lady made her appearance at 00.40 on Sunday, proud and smitten is not the word! Today should have been my last day of work :D

I hope everyone doesn't have to wait too long to meet their little bundles of joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, my little lady made her appearance at 00.40 on Sunday, proud and smitten is not the word! Today should have been my last day of work :D

I hope everyone doesn't have to wait too long to meet their little bundles of joy :)

My waters broke a couple of hours after posting my last message. My little lady arrived early the next morning :) one week old already!

MichB2012 wrote: »
    My waters broke a couple of hours after posting my last message. My little lady arrived early the next morning :) one week old already!

Congrats MichB, hope all is going well :D

Congrats Mich!
    Hope it's all going swimmingly for you.

I'm more then a little bit jealous. Due today but no hint of anything happening. Induction in two weeks I reckon (like my mother before me).

Well I avoided induction and delivered last week, only 5 days over and in a rapid fashion. Start to end labour was maybe ten hours, and that's including the vague twinges I started with.

We're on day 4 at home thanks to the dominos & early transfer home. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Little man is adorable and we're all besotted. I've spent half the hours I should be asleep staring at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wotzit

There are babies popping out non stop it seems!!! congrats to all the new mums & dads

My own bundle arrived a week ago. I was induced, laboured for 2 days & eventually had to have an emergency c section. Baby Oliver was 8Ib 2oz :-) .... Not the whopper baby everyone told me I'd be having!!!

So .... now we're home & all is good but I'd love to hear anyone's advice on breast feeding... the public health nurse told me to feed him every 2 hours (day & night) ... Luckily my milk appears to be plentiful but my problem is I've to wake a sleeping baby and it's breaking my heart every time :-( he sleeps so peacefully & then I have to strip him, tickle, just generally cajole him to wake up & feeeeeeeeed. Anyone having similar problems??

Congrats wotzit!

I hesitate to give advice, given I'm so new at this but I was told that once he's gaining weight and your milk is in properly you can space feeds a bit more. There's a great breastfeeding thread in the toddlers and newborns section which is worth reading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well our little bundle of joy arrived a bit early. But all healthy and good. Home now, but like the previous posters, these two hours feeds are a bit of a killer, and night times can be a struggle to get him to eat, burp, sleep.

Advertisement