Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone repair shop help.

Options
  • 27-01-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

So I have a problem with my HTC sensation xl, the power button has sunk in and can't be pressed at all, I can't lock or unlock the screen or turn it on or off. I've tried one of these apps that unlock the screen without using the button, but that's not a permanent solution.
    I got to googling places in Cork to have it fixed and lots of places pop up, all claiming to be the best at fixes and the best value.
    I haven't lived here long and I have no idea about any of these shops, I don't just want the cheapest, I want a good repair that I won't have to get redone later.
    So, any advice on which shops are good or bad and information on anyone's experiences using any particular shops would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Google fonemenders on patricks quay and give them a ring. Their registered as a main shop for samsung warranty repairs and i think maybe HTC too. If the phone is under warranty they might do it free of charge.
    Either way their probably the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If not under warranty try the guy over the framing shop on The Grand Parade (opposite the city library). I found him very upfront and the work was good. Gave a 3 month guarantee on the job too.
    I was very, very happy with the price and standard of work.
    I was quoted €150 and 2 weeks elsewhere.
    He did it for €70 in 24 hours.
    That was a year ago - no problems since.

Advertisement