Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOS Alive 2016 - Lisbon, July 7-9

Options
  • 27-01-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone else going to NOS Alive this year? Never been before but just pulled the trigger on two tickets, lineup looks amazing so far and the cost will be really, really reasonable (incl. hotel accommodation in the city centre) compared to Rock Werchter, etc...

http://nosalive.com/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

holy mother of jaysus but that's some line up!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

quality lineup. if i wasnt getting married this year id book it in a flash, hopefully a few of em will make their way to the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    quality lineup. if i wasnt getting married this year id book it in a flash, hopefully a few of em will make their way to the picnic

Ha in the same boat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think a line up like that would drive me nuts as you would want to see everyone and its just not possible.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

ionapaul wrote: »
    Anyone else going to NOS Alive this year? Never been before but just pulled the trigger on two tickets, lineup looks amazing so far and the cost will be really, really reasonable (incl. hotel accommodation in the city centre) compared to Rock Werchter, etc...

http://nosalive.com/en/

Been 2 years on the ounce ow and going this year

It's a cracking festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Anyone here done it before? What's the set up like?

I think a line up like that would drive me nuts as you would want to see everyone and its just not possible.

i was hoping these were mostly main stage people... ie they wouldn't be clashing. are you telling me that, say, arcade fire and m83 could clash? that may actually put me off going... have booked an appartment and was going to book flights this eve.... cmon b-dude - persuade me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

roll wrote: »
    i was hoping these were mostly main stage people... ie they wouldn't be clashing. are you telling me that, say, arcade fire and m83 could clash? that may actually put me off going... have booked an appartment and was going to book flights this eve.... cmon b-dude - persuade me!

From the website, it appears to say what stage most are playing. So top names it says nos stage, then Heineken stage for others.

In your example, M83 is on the nos stage so won't clash with AF/Radiohead.

D'Oh! just noticed that..... apartfrom a potential radiohead v Fr John Misty clash i'm happy enough! ryanair website here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone here done it before? What's the set up like?

Went last year. It was a fairly standard two stage festival (there were 3 other smaller stages but I barely saw them). Nothing boutique or non music about it so don't expect "body and soul" areas or the like. Vibe was pretty good and most people seemed to be friendly and wanted to have fun. Was easy enough to get up in the crowd if you wanted. If all you want is music then you'll be fine but it is just a wasteland so it is dusty and lacks any good sitting places if you wanted to just chill somewhere.

Plenty of beer, food and wine stands but the queues tended to get bad for everything around 9 to 11 especially on the Saturday. Make sure to not move with the crowd and you'll be ok (eat early / late). Very strict searches on the way in (from the police with holstered pistols so make sure you're not in a "paranoid" state going up). I got a very aggressive response from one for just having a camera (the supervisor told him to calm down and ignore it thankfully). Getting to the festival was easy enough. Getting back was a bit more of a challenge. Make sure to check your train if you are getting one on the way out. We jumped on one assuming it was going to Lisbon but it went in the other direction which was an exciting adventure (it wasn't).

Keep in mind this lineup announcement will be pretty much it as far as big acts are concerned. We booked last year around this time after a fairly strong opening announcement assuming it would keep up the strength but barely anything of note got added after. Might just be my tastes but the many more to be announced was mostly third tier djs and local acts / local comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Serious line-up! Very much considering this now. Didn't think Arcade Fire were touring!

what time would arcade fire likely be on saturday night? need to figure out what flight to get on sunday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Got tickets for this.
    Was hoping Pearl Jam were going to play but they pulled their European tour.
    Line up is decent, looking forward to it!

ditto-flights accommodation and tickets came to €650pp. Not bad considering the line up and sunshine!!! reckon i'll have to sell my B&S tix to fund it tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

roll wrote: »
    ditto-flights accommodation and tickets came to €650pp. Not bad considering the line up and sunshine!!! reckon i'll have to sell my B&S tix to fund it tho....

Oof was hoping to do it for cheaper than that, Tickets 120, plenty of accom for less than 100 PP, how much were flights?

Edit, Ryanair into Lisbon the 6th and out the 11th for 220e is the best I can find.

couldn't camp in that heat so got an appartment nearby.... i need my creature comforts in order to enjoy these things! (ie I'm over 40!)

I hear ya, camped at Dour in Belgium a few years back, woke up to about 35 degrees weather. HORRID

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Also going to this.

Can't wait, Biffy have now been announced along with Ratatat and Calexico.

I'm completely happy with the lineup at the minute but a few people on the efestivals forum are expecting some more big names, particularly for Day 3 on the main stage.

At the minute I would do something like -

Day 1 - Wolf Alice, Biffy Clyro, possibly Robert Plant, Pixies, and then the Chemical Brothers.
    Day 2 - Jagwar Ma, Father John Misty, Foals, Tame Impala, Radiohead then Hot Chip
    Day 3 - Calexico, Ratatat, M83, Grimes then Arcade Fire.

Seen Two Door before and wasn't impressed live at all. They are fun summer music but man, they sucked live. Day 2 is insane, I hope Hot Chip are the late night act after Radiohead but not holding my breath :(

I'd be happy for a few more bands on day 3 but apart from that, anyone else added will end up being mad clashes. Certainly not bad for £95

*edit* I got my flights on Aer Lingus from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Hey folks.

Looking to go to this.

Can anyone tell me a good site to buy tickets from?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We booked via Festicket.

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote: »
    We booked via Festicket.

Yeah same.

I think it had the cheaper booking fee than SeeTickets.

yep festi

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Heading over, some line up. Then staying for The Superock Superbock festival the following Thursday, The National are playing..2 great festivals with no mud, warm weather and drunken fools..Apart from me that is..

rodge68 wrote: »
    Heading over, some line up. Then staying for The Superock Superbock festival the following Thursday, The National are playing..2 great festivals with no mud, warm weather and drunken fools..Apart from me that is..

Not a bad call, Jamie XX and The National on the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Band of Horses now confirmed - can't believe it but the lineup keeps getting better!

Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Sold out

Just bought a ticket !!
    Jeez dont frighten me !!

It was sold out on UK re-sellers but they released a few more weekend tickets apparently.

They announced Friday that there are only 1000 weekend tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mrcohare

Is anyone selling a three day ticket or a Friday ticket? I would kill to see radiohead live finally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tbone86

hi there, im selling 2x 3 day tickets if anyone is interested

Advertisement