Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car key cutting

Options
  • 27-01-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I would like to get a copy of my car key (05 yaris). Can anybody recommenced somewhere to get this done and roughly how much it costs? I only need the key and not the unlock/lock button.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What part of the city are you in? Autokey.ie at newlands cross is an option, I'd expect to pay 60/80 for a chipped key without central locking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

A couple of years ago, I paid £40 @ Tesco, Clarehall, to get a spare key made for my car. The key had the chip in it, so it started the car, as well as opening the car the old fashioned way, by turning the key in the lock. It didn't have the automatic door opening fob on it. It was 25 quid to just get a 'plain' key. It only opened the door, it had no chip in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

ProudDUB wrote: »
    A couple of years ago, I paid £40 @ Tesco, Clarehall, to get a spare key made for my car. The key had the chip in it, so it started the car, as well as opening the car the old fashioned way, by turning the key in the lock. It didn't have the automatic door opening fob on it. It was 25 quid to just get a 'plain' key. It only opened the door, it had no chip in it.

You were robbed for that. Complete lock and key charged me like €25 for a chipped key and it was going to be a lot less for a plain key. The guy is an excellent lock smith, so the key will last. Any keys I have got from Woodies or a normal hardware just dont last

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

newacc2015 wrote: »
    You were robbed for that. Complete lock and key charged me like €25 for a chipped key and it was going to be a lot less for a plain key. The guy is an excellent lock smith, so the key will last. Any keys I have got from Woodies or a normal hardware just dont last

Well why don't you throw up an aul link there, so that others & I can benefit from knowing who this excellent locksmith is. :)

Advertisement