Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server not responsive

Options
  • 27-01-2016 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

for the last week, there are serious issues with boards.ie

Basically, IF boards.ie DNS is advertised as CloudFlare (which it for example is on Three and others), then it works.

IF however, it's advertised to boards.ie Amazon Platform, like for example my provider (who also is on INEX) or http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/boards.ie.html , then it's been down most of the time for the last 5-6 days.

The IPv6 platform of boards.ie is on and off as part of the same issues.

I can provide more in depth traceroutes, but it's a DNS issue in reality. Not everyone seems to be provided the CloudFlare IPs and IPv6 users are totally screwed.

I had to tether my cellphone (on three) to be able to type this. Tried to add the Cloudflare IP to my hosts file on my desktop, but login maybe be using a different host on boards, so I couldn't log into my account there while boards actually started working.

/M

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

We're aware that there have been quite a few issues with the site of late.

As you can see from Niamh's post today, the technical team are working on the remaining issues, and we hope to have everything resolved as soon as humanly possible.

I'll leave this thread open in case any of the technical staff would like to comment on your post.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I can see, that the DNS finally has changed for our IP ranges.

Pretty bad it took this long considering, that this is an irish ISP. Until yesterday, the IP's announced by boards.ie were still pointing at the non-responsing Amazon platform.

IPv6 still seems to be hit and miss.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement