Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.5km from nearest cabinet - any chance of broadband?

Options
  • 27-01-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi there!

I've recently completed a new build and I'm 10km away from the nearest exchange. However - I'm 2.5km away from the nearest cabinet (both the exchange and the nearest cabinet are fibre enabled!). I won't get any type of broadband from the exchange as I'm too far away - however, what are the chances of getting broadband if connected to the cabinet which is 2.5km away?

Thanks in advance!
    p.s. living in rural Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi there!

I've recently completed a new build and I'm 10km away from the nearest exchange. However - I'm 2.5km away from the nearest cabinet (both the exchange and the nearest cabinet are fibre enabled!). I won't get any type of broadband from the exchange as I'm too far away - however, what are the chances of getting broadband if connected to the cabinet which is 2.5km away?

Thanks in advance!
    p.s. living in rural Dublin
    Hi baby builder

Apologies for the delays.

Unfortunately the maximum distance a fibre cabinet serves is 2Km - this may even be shorter in terms of "as the crow flies" because lines follow cable paths that can take a variety of routes thus extending the distance.

If you want to PM me your address I can check just in case?

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement