Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry skin on eyelids and eyebrows

Options
  • 27-01-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know what I could apply to the dry skin around/under my eyebrows and on my eyelids. My beautician said to try change my shampoo to sulphate free as that might be the problem but I did that months ago and no joy! I'm apprehensive about putting regular moisturizer on it too often but it does seem to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Does anyone know what I could apply to the dry skin around/under my eyebrows and on my eyelids. My beautician said to try change my shampoo to sulphate free as that might be the problem but I did that months ago and no joy! I'm apprehensive about putting regular moisturizer on it too often but it does seem to help.

Are you apprehensive about applying your moisturizer on your eyebrows & eyelids? Please excuse me if I have misunderstood what your problem is.

I use Monsia Skincare and I use the cleanser, toner, day & night moisturizer all over my neck and face with no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

LinF wrote: »
    Are you apprehensive about applying your moisturizer on your eyebrows & eyelids? Please excuse me if I have misunderstood what your problem is.

I use Monsia Skincare and I use the cleanser, toner, day & night moisturizer all over my neck and face with no problems at all.

Do you put it near your eyes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had this issue recently and I started using All About Eyes by Clinique, and a heavier daily moisturiser. Remember to only apply the creams to your eye socket and no closer to your eye. My issue cleared up quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Faith wrote: »
    I had this issue recently and I started using All About Eyes by Clinique, and a heavier daily moisturiser. Remember to only apply the creams to your eye socket and no closer to your eye. My issue cleared up quite quickly.

Great, I'll look into that! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Do you put it near your eyes?

Yes - I dab a tiny bit on each brow and gently massage with my fingertips all around my eyelids and below my eyes BUT I KEEP MY EYES CLOSED. Hope this helps you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra is fab. I had serious dry skin and sensitivity a while back, and this was the only stuff that helped and did not irritate. Abd its ok to put it directly on eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I had this in the past and it was an allergic reaction. I would definently look to see did you add/change any face or hair products that may have caused this. I also put moisturiser cream on my eyebrows and under my eyes and on eyelids. Some say that only an under eye cream should be used but now most recommended to use your normal cream as the skin is the same just a little thinner. I would also recommend to was the area with coconut oil and hot flannel to try and remove some of the dry skin and maybe leave a tiny amount if Vaseline on during the night.

Advertisement