Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please, Fish Dead!

Options
  • 27-01-2016 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

So my neighbours went on holidays and left me with their goldfish's 3 of them and 1 of other species (black).

So this morning i was terrifed to find out that the motor which makes oxygen for the fish i think? Stopped working and now the sound doesn't get louder and the consequence of this resulted in a dead fish.... :(

Can anyone help please, don't want them rest of them dead when they arrive back, i only been told to feed them and the water etc was changed prior to them leaving...

Sorry i have absolutely no clue about this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is the pump on? My brother did the same with my fish (although none died) is thought he was unplugging the light but actually unplugged the pump/filters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

tk123 wrote: »
    Is the pump on? My brother did the same with my fish (although none died) is thought he was unplugging the light but actually unplugged the pump/filters

It is but it doesn't look like its properly working anymore?
    Can tell by the reduction in noise ..

What happens if you dont use the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Can you contact the owners and see if there is someone who can come out and fix it for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Can you contact the owners and see if there is someone who can come out and fix it for them?

thanks for that, going for a drive and sorting it out cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It may be that the filter is clogged. You need to take it out & clean it but make sure you only rinse it in water from the tank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement