Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best course for computer science in the country?(not considering UCD or trinity)

Options
  • 27-01-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

As the post states, I wanna get peoples opinions what course for CS is best in the country and why? Appreciate any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

DCU is meant to be tops in general. Take that with a grain of salt however, as I've only been to WIT and UCD. I'm just going off of what I've heard.

But most courses will be just fine, as it's the amount of extra curricular activity you do in your 'free' time that'll make you good at computer science rather than the course you choose. I'd trust someone from a worse off course who has a few apps in the app/play store more than I'd trust someone from a top-tier course who doesn't really bother, if you get my meaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

DCU is meant to be tops in general. Take that with a grain of salt however, as I've only been to WIT and UCD. I'm just going off of what I've heard.

But most courses will be just fine, as it's the amount of extra curricular activity you do in your 'free' time that'll make you good at computer science rather than the course you choose. I'd trust someone from a worse off course who has a few apps in the app/play store more than I'd trust someone from a top-tier course who doesn't really bother, if you get my meaning!

Advertisement