Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel chart help

Options
  • 27-01-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

I have a spreadsheet with four columns.
    Col 1 = Employee Name
    Col 2 = Start Date
    Col 3 = End Date (or blank if still employed)
    Col 4 = Dept (engineering/payroll/admin etc)

I want to product a chart which shows the numbers of employees BY MONTH for the engineering dept only. So the x axis is Jan '14, Feb '14... to present and the y axis is the employee count.

Can anybody help out? Totally stuck :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

steokeogh wrote: »
    What length of time are you looking to show 12 months or longer?

From start of 2014 to present.

steokeogh wrote: »
    Will it be continually running or do you want it roll over every 24 months eg 01/2014 to 01/2016 or 05/2015 to 05/2016.

Continually running for now. So if a new employee joins/leaves it will just update.

Thanks, should there be a definition in col E to check if employee role is engineering? The current computation shows if still employed only (I think). Really bad at this stuff, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

Do you by any chance attach the excel sheet? I might help you.

fad460 wrote: »
    Do you by any chance attach the excel sheet? I might help you.

Not sure if attachments are working but I've added it here. The second worksheet is what I worked out manually, this is the one I'd like to get automatically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement