Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAST LANE 2016

• 27-01-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

The last pay per view before Wrestlemania 32, and 1 match confirmed so far.

Triple Threat match for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match @ Wrestlemania 32

Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

More matches TBA.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll save everyone the trouble Reigns wins lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    I'll save everyone the trouble Reigns wins lol.

So here is the question...when Bray costs Brock the match, will any reference be made to the "anyone but you" story? Or will Bray help Reigns win and they three-month-rule it...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The ''Anyone but you Roman'' storyline will be canned indefinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Could they actually finally be pulling the trigger on the Ambrose push and have him win??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Could they actually finally be pulling the trigger on the Ambrose push and have him win??

LOL. No.

Nothing is derailing the Roman Express.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

<insert Ray Liotta Goodfellas laughing picture> :o

We would love that but Vince says no. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ruu wrote: »
    <insert Ray Liotta Goodfellas laughing picture> :o

We would love that but Vince says no. :D

Ha, unfortunately you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Ambrose being the home town guy at Fast Lane, stranger things have happened. Set up a Reigns hell turn at Mania coming down to congratulate Ambrose on winning at the grandest stage of them all but destroys him instead.

One can dream :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

He's probably there to be the guy reigns pins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Make it a fatal four way and have Sheamus/Rusev/ Del Rio get pinned. If Reigns pinned Ambrose he could get booed badly if its a home town crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Make it a fatal four way and have Sheamus/Rusev/ Del Rio get pinned. If Reigns pinned Ambrose he could get booed badly if its a home town crowd.

He'll get booed anyway. The people have rejected him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ambrose being the home town guy at Fast Lane, stranger things have happened. Set up a Reigns hell turn at Mania coming down to congratulate Ambrose on winning at the grandest stage of them all but destroys him instead.

Heels don't close mania bar the very very rare one.

MrMac84 wrote: »

Instead they'll have a face who's going to get booed more than a heel could wish for close WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

eh WM17 Austin heel turn springs to mind...
    I know its a rehash of a previous storyline (aren't they all) but have ambrose go over and face HHH at mania in a no dq match...
    HHH standing over ambrose and about to clobber him with his SH and reigns comes for the save but reigns lays him out raises HHH arm and we've a new monster hell and people can then properly booo him, if they fans are rejecting him turn him heel and embrace the hate...

know it not going to happy but.....

brinty wrote: »
    if they fans are rejecting him turn him heel and embrace the hate...

know it not going to happy but.....

Yea it'll never happen remember when everyone was booing Cena and everyone thought a heel turn was coming especially against the rock. How did WWE answer those fans,

35klb9w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rollins was a heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe if Ambrose didn't still have the IC title unless he drops it on a Raw or SD show before WM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe if Ambrose didn't still have the IC title unless he drops it on a Raw or SD show before WM

I think if he vacated the title instead of just dropping it to anyone would make for a better IC match at Mania. Could make it triple threat match or a 5 man ladder match.

Would be the only way of ever getting Reigns over with the fans

2 more matches

Charlotte (c) vs. Brie Bella
    Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Naomi and Tamina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two women's matches on a PPV? When is the last time that happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Charlotte (c) vs. Brie Bella Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Naomi and Tamina

What the fudge was the point of Becky and Sasha at RR if Charlotte gets brie Bella....
    Ugh what the fudge WWE

What the fudge was the point of Becky and Sasha at RR if Charlotte gets brie Bella....
    Ugh what the fudge WWE

I'm ok with it as long as it builds towards a triple threat at WM for Charlotte Becky and Sasha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ugh what the fudge WWE

Just a way of setting up a Mania match between the three of them I'd say. Brie is probably leaving soon.

As Loughc says..

Brock looks so bored on the promotional poster for the PPV

Fastlane_2016.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pretty sad the world title wont be defended in a PPV

It's ok when Lesnar was champ it was defended much less and once Reigns wins it we'll wish it wasn't defended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's weird that since H won the belt, he's decided to practically take himself off TV. He's had seconds of screen-time, as opposed to 20 minutes each week. Backwards booking!

Loughc wrote: »
    It's ok when Lesnar was champ it was defended much less and once Reigns wins it we'll wish it wasn't defended.

Nah. Just that he attempts to defend once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brock looks so bored on the promotional poster for the PPV

I disagree, I think he has that aura about him and that looks says "I could beat the sh!t out of you", Ambrose nails his character with his - where as Reigns is just above Baron Corbin in terms of facial expression (or lack there of)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Will Ambrose IC title become more like his US title reign (little or no defense before dropping to Sheamus in a battle royal)? I suppose he has defended his IC title more already than he did when he had the US title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lesnar looks like he's just been told what his mania match is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Cutting Edge Peep Show returning for Fastlane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mostly too promote the new network show id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lot of rumours about Enzo and Cass showing up and challenging New Day...

• Advertisement

When aren't they rumoured to be showing up?
    I'd say could involve the Dudleys as well. New Day are more likely after the whole thing on Monday about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When aren't they rumoured to be showing up?
    I'd say could involve the Dudleys as well. New Day are more likely after the whole thing on Monday about them

Probably some big multi team match for the tag titles at Mania.

New Day vs Enzo and Cass vs Dudleys vs Uso's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Have the chances of an Ambrose win increased with him dropping the IC title?

Think I'm building myself up for another WWE disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Whosthis wrote: »

Mini swerve from creative imo. Giving us reasonable doubt that reigns wins. But its still gonna be reigns.

I like the look of Styles v Jericho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Whosthis wrote: »

I wouldn't get too excited about that prospect. As soon as they announced the match, my reaction was that Ambrose was only put in there to take the pinfall. Also when a babyface is about to turn heel (which looks to be the direction for Ambrose) they almost always have the babyface do a job before the turn. Brock definitely shouldn't be pinned anyway. I expect the Wyatts to take him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jericho and AJ has been on of the better midcard feuds in recent memory. Nothing mad or outrageous but solid subtle work from both men.

Ziggler and Owens hasnt been bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jericho and AJ has been on of the better midcard feuds in recent memory. Nothing mad or outrageous but solid subtle work from both men.

I think Jericho is the perfect feud for AJ coming in to wwe it gives the casual fans the reason to feel hes a big deal as all the diehards know that he is. then it gives him plenty of time to feud with ambrose, owens etc when mania season is over.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Gotta give props to The Miz too, all three of them have made Raw and Smackdown a little more interesting over the last few weeks. Would be nice to see Miz get a little push and actually do something of note among the mid card.

Ziggler and Miz seem to have nothing planned after Fast Lane, maybe put the two of them into a storyline leading into Mania with both guys involved in one of the ladder matches for the IC title maybe. Miz, Kevin Owens, Ziggler, Jericho and Styles or Zayn would make for a good match and some interesting promos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd like to see Dolph Ziggler beat Kevin Owens tonight and then be on the run from him, with Kevin Owens completely flipping out. Then when he beats the crap out of him Sami Zayn could come out and make the save. That way they could set up a multi-man match for the Intercontinental Championship again and have Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seth Rollins to make some sort of impact in the main event. Pretty left field but have a feeling.

I'd say if there's a screwy finish, they'll save it for Mania and just go ahead with their plans for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Adults are buying and wearing those new day unicorn horn head bands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is Mauro calling the whole show or will Cole be on after the pre-show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

He sounds like a WCW commentator.....
    No likey....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope the whole show. He brought up the fact that two out of three falls used to be the norm in North America (nwa title 2 out of 3 falls)

• Advertisement
Advertisement