Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAST LANE 2016

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Watching the UFC instead of this last night seemed to be the right call. **** that mania event, load of ****e absolutely no one wants to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If they go ahead with it it'll be worse than Brock Vs Goldberg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

This was a terrible PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    EDIT: And after typing this up, I read Meltzer is also reporting it's Ambrose vs Lesnar now at Mania.

Good, I thought Wyatt and Lesnar had better things to do than face each other. Wyatt will get saddled with Big Show or something but still. :P

I liked Fastlane for the most part. Thought the finish of the Bella/Charlotte match was nicely done despite Brie's selective leg pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just re watching it again and I see ryback hurt another guy in Harper last night. Harper landed on his shoulder hard and he didn't stay at ringside he left straight away. Christ cm punk was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've never been more convinced that HHH insisted that he take the belt for Mania, because he told Vinnie Mac...

'Don't worry Pops, these Millennials can't get Roman over. Entitled idiots. Let me do it. I'll show them all'.

Then at WM, he'll insist he keeps the belt because he's so much more over than Reigns. Watch. Then he'll drop it at Extreme Rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think the storyline with HHH is a great one and the only problem is Romans lack of overness. Insert Ambrose, Bryan, Lesnar, Styles, Chad Gable even and it would work better than Roman.

He simply isnt over and its killing him more and more every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think the storyline with HHH is a great one and the only problem is Romans lack of overness. Insert Ambrose, Bryan, Lesnar, Styles, Chad Gable even and it would work better than Roman.

He simply isnt over and its killing him more and more every day.

This is exactly it.

Swap any of those guys into last nights segment and Hunter gets booed out of the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I quite enjoyed the main event, but the ending was appalling. Reigns won, we all knew he would. But he won like a heel should win by sneaking in the back door almost which just makes him look sillier given his super duper heroics kicking out of finishers and escaping submissions.

I hate the fact that this guy who isn't even kind of over is headlining WM 2 years on the trot. Its hard to fathom the reasoning for this as they are absolutely ruining the guy. If (lol :rolleyes:) he wins, he gets either absolute silence or a booing like his Rumble win last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Apart from Roman's lack of being over, there's another big problem with his booking. Making him look strong has involved almost completely hamstringing others. 2013 Survivor Series, he essentially beat a team 4 on 1. Last year with Bryan, Bryan was dumped out of the Rumble like he was nothing, and then they had to have him face Roman at Fastlane in a match nobody really believed Roman was going to lose. In the Royal Rumble this year, there was a few occasions where Roman was in danger of being eliminated according to the commentary, but there was never a camera on those moments. Then, when Roman gets attacked, we miss eliminations of other people because it's all about him. Reigns beat the League of Nations in a 4 on 1 match, and it was only ever possible for Sheamus to beat him if the League came out and battered Roman first.

It's not that they make Roman strong, it's that they make him strong to the detriment of pretty much everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You know what could save Roman and give him nuclear heat altogether , If Stephanie turned on Triple H and sided with Reigns doing a double turn in the process that would be amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Coming a day too late but I was initially furious at Roman no-selling Dean's chairshots at the end, I'd like to kayfabe explain it saying his tactical vest actually protects him.

Advertisement