Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Info online

• 27-01-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Help! Does anyone know how to remove your details from this site : 411num.com
    I've followed the privacy control instructions on the site and sent them an email also but to no avail. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

mystifies wrote: »
    Help! Does anyone know how to remove your details from this site : 411num.com
    I've followed the privacy control instructions on the site and sent them an email also but to no avail. Thanks

Have you made any progress with this?

At the top of their contact page there is an option to manuall remove info, did you try that?

I would also like to remove my information from this website. I have completed the form to remove my name manually but I have received no confirmation email from them, and I have checked my spam folder.

If you tried the manual removal, how long did it take for you to receive the confirmation email, and are you using a gmail account?

Email came through when I used a different email address, listing now removed, just need to use the Google removal tool to stop it showing up in search results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It should probably be pointed out that sites like these just grab already publicly available info for their db. You might want to figure out where they scraped the data from originally.

Blowfish wrote: »
    It should probably be pointed out that sites like these just grab already publicly available info for their db. You might want to figure out where they scraped the data from originally.

Indeed, I asked them a few days ago but I do not expect a reply. I think it may have been an old phone book, as my listing contains an old landline number. The number is no longer in use, but I checked www.eirphonebook.ie as a precaution and I am not in it, unfortunately it seems I was at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mystifies

No joy for me. Have tried mailing them and using the copy url but to no avail. Driving me crazy now

• Advertisement

What is the domain name of your email address?

Try setting up up a free yandex email and using that for the manual removal - I received the email right after trying to do it using yandex rather than Gmail, probably an anti-spam feature on Gmail (and possibly other providers), although there was nothing from 411 in my spam folder.

Tried doing it using yandex email and now it is saying incorrect url entered where my name is - there is no number after name like in example given. Am going crazy!!!

I got the email saying to follow the link to remove but when I click on that - page not found

mystifies wrote: »
    I got the email saying to follow the link to remove but when I click on that - page not found

Try a different web browser?

Advertisement