Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Contract

Options
  • 27-01-2016 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I signed up to a Vodafone contract last Saturday.

Today the phone I got on the contract has become unusable. Some hardware of software issue.

What are my options? Am I entitled to a replacement? The guys on 1907 just said it would probably have to be sent for repair?

I understand there's a cooling off period, but not if the phone has been used, but seeing as how it's faulty, does that change anything? I'm not actually looking to quit my contract, but I'd like to know of all options before I go into the store.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

What happened to the phone that it's unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cale165 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up to a Vodafone contract last Saturday.

Today the phone I got on the contract has become unusable. Some hardware of software issue.

What are my options? Am I entitled to a replacement? The guys on 1907 just said it would probably have to be sent for repair?

I understand there's a cooling off period, but not if the phone has been used, but seeing as how it's faulty, does that change anything? I'm not actually looking to quit my contract, but I'd like to know of all options before I go into the store.

Thanks for your help.

If the phone became unusable because of a fault (HW or SW) that you are entitled to get it repair or replaced. If the fault was because of something you did, like dropping it, getting it wet, rooting it then you have no recourse..

Advertisement