Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent quality drone?

• 27-01-2016 7:35pm

Howdy folks,

Was wondering if anyone here has any real knowledge on the world of those wacky, fandangled flying machines!?

I'm shooting a bit of property lately and with bigger properties with land, it's difficult to get anywhere while on the ground, so i was thinking a drone would be a quick and easy way of doing a quick ariel shot or two and moving on (time being of the essence!).

Before anyone starts up; I know there's a license required, etc. the drone would be used only on private grounds and only about 15-20ft off the ground. I won't be taking photos of airport runways, either.

So the issue I face is i don't know anything about them. I'm sure they're not overly difficult to figure out in terms of flying, but im more concerned about the photo aspect. Do drones generally have a manual mode or anything like that? Or is the camera pretty much the same as the phone in my pocket?

Also, can anyone recommend where to get one at decent price (incase I use it two or three times and realise it was a mistake, or it takes too long to get it into action each time or such).

Pretty much, i've realise a drone is a good idea, but ive no real interest in them until realising i wanted one, so im a bit perplexed with where to start.

Cheers to anyone able to guide me in the right general direction.

:)

Advertisement