Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unknown owners cat is sick

• 27-01-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

So there is a cat in out home who is deteriorating be great u r eyes, head down, meowing etc. He comes here often to be fed and sits with us as we watch TV but we don't know who owns him. He's surely not a stray as he is healthy with good fur etc.

He is sowing the same symptoms as our cat who died in June from apparent kidney failure.

No answer from some volunteer animal place my ma called today and we simply cannot afford a vet especially as we don't even own him.

Where do we go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Can you put a collar on the cat and a note with your number and a message for the owner to call you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Can you put a collar on the cat and a note with your number and a message for the owner to call you?

He too ill to do anything. Its as if jus hind legs aren't working properly anymore.

He is currently asleep downstairs. We are getting up early tomorrow to see how he is.

Good idea with the collar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

you are very kind to provide a warm shelter for him - and to feed him.
    The collar with a note attached is a good idea, although if he cant walk now, he's with you to stay. It would be worth calling the BLUE CROSS - they provide free veterinary clinics for people who cannot afford vet care - they have a mobile clinic:

http://www.bluecross.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

You'll probably find the owner doesn't care as much as you do.

He was a friend of our cat who died in June. He walked today to go to the toilet outside but walked so frail and weird.

There is a man coming out to look at him soon. I don't know what the story is with the cats owner but he is healthy weight and has great fur. My guess it's an old granny's cat but when/if he is healthy again then we will definetely do the note in a collar idea just to tell them what's been going on.

Thanks for the replies guys. Will update later :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pics plz (esp. nice for before & after shots)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

MarkY91 wrote: »
    He was a friend of our cat who died in June. He walked today to go to the toilet outside but walked so frail and weird.

There is a man coming out to look at him soon. I don't know what the story is with the cats owner but he is healthy weight and has great fur. My guess it's an old granny's cat but when/if he is healthy again then we will definetely do the note in a collar idea just to tell them what's been going on.

Thanks for the replies guys. Will update later :)

What do you mean 'a man coming to look at him'? Is the man a vet? Why don't you just bring him to the vet as a stray?

kylith wrote: »
    What do you mean 'a man coming to look at him'? Is the man a vet? Why don't you just bring him to the vet as a stray?

Ispca guy. He got taken away and will be returned here if he is ok then we will put a collar on him and leave a note in it for his owner.

We don't own a car nor a cage so it was hard to arrange anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Thanks for not ignoring him and doing what you could.

The vet range and said he had a serious smack to his pelvis area and is in serious trauma.

Poor ginger :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Poor fella, hope they can help him. What area is it, I am friends with a number of Cat rescue/charity pages on FB, I will check if any gingers reported missing.

I gather he has no microchip.

Poor fella, hope they can help him. What area is it, I am friends with a number of Cat rescue/charity pages on FB, I will check if any gingers reported missing.

I gather he has no microchip.

No microchip unfortunately.

Im in kimmage. But just off crumlin at sundrive road

Ok - Ill have a look online.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Raised Eyebrow

Huge congrats for taking care of him when he needed someone. Pelvis fractures are the most common injuries in cats that survive road traffic accidents. There isn't much that can be done for except rest. It happened to my own cat and she was good as new after a months rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Well done, very fortunate kitty to have found you, I hope he will be ok.

I see the <snip> are advertising him as a lost pet now. Gorgeous ginger. Neutered too and lovely coat, he has to be someone's!

I haven't found him as missing on any cat pages I am friendly with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

<link snipped>

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97620197&postcount=2602

I don't suppose Bruce went missing again? I was looking through old Lost and Found pages as I remembered that several ginger toms had gone missing before Christmas.

ncur wrote: »
    <link snipped>

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97620197&postcount=2602

I don't suppose Bruce went missing again? I was looking through old Lost and Found pages as I remembered that several ginger toms had gone missing before Christmas.

Well "ginger" as we call him was coming here often for over a year now. Not that case within cat walking distance to ginger but it looks a lot link him but then again, most cays of the same colour do look alike. Ill look more into this one!

I see the <snip> are advertising him as a lost pet now. Gorgeous ginger. Neutered too and lovely coat, he has to be someone's!

I haven't found him as missing on any cat pages I am friendly with.

You can see him being advertised? Can you send me a link please?

It was agreed with the guys that he is to come back here if he recovers and is then free to go wander back home but with a collar on with our number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

You can see him being advertised? Can you send me a link please?

It was agreed with the guys that he is to come back here if he recovers and is then free to go wander back home but with a collar on with our number.

Woops, I had forgotten that you're not allowed to post links to rescues, so the link to your visitor cat on the facebook page has been removed. So it's the 12th photo in (at time of writing) in their Photos section, and the message beside the photo says 'Adult neutered male cat found 28/01/16 in Kimmage.'

• Advertisement

Tried to pm you OP but getting message saying you have no space and need to clear messages.

I don't know why I am not allowed say who is advertising your ginger pal on the thread? I didn't put in any link. You already named them earlier in the thread. Someone else has linked to another charity also so not clear at all why my post was changed.

It is the charity you contacted who took him, it's on their FB page as a lost pet.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed say the above?

I made space now. We will try to ring them tomorrow. Ill try find the fb page now

Is it the ispca fb page? I don't see a photo of him there. Can someone pm me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Guys,
    Any reference at all to a named rescue, links to their Facebook pages and websites etc. are not permitted on this forum. There are a few reasons for this, all very valid. This rule has been in place for as long as I have been a mod here, which is four or five years so it really shouldn't come as a surprise that references to named rescues have been removed. They are always removed.

I have Pm'd you.

I got the link from 3 of you guys. Thanks alot.

Thats him..he looks so sad and defeated. Why did they shave his right leg? He usually looks alot better but as someone said..his fur is too he good o be a stray which I totally agree with.

I was on the ISPCA page, I couldn't fide that <snip> one.

I feel so bad for ginger in that little box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You'll probably find the owner doesn't care as much as you do.

That's very unfair. When writing this, you had no idea what happened the cat. Now that you do know, the cat may have been hit by a car fairly close to the OPs house and it was easier for the cat to crawl that far than back home. The fact that the cat was in such good condition otherwise suggests that the owner did care.

I got the link from 3 of you guys. Thanks alot.

Thats him..he looks so sad and defeated. Why did they shave his right leg? He usually looks alot better but as someone said..his fur is too he good o be a stray which I totally agree with.

I was on the ISPCA page, I couldn't fide that <snip> one.

I feel so bad for ginger in that little box

They would have shaved his leg to put a drip in, it doesnt hurt at all and it grows back really quick, he does look a bit shook poor fella. But he is safe now and being given proper medical attention and he wont be in pain.

The little boxes they have them in are a grand size, be nice for him to rest after being rescued.

sup_dude wrote: »
    That's very unfair. When writing this, you had no idea what happened the cat. Now that you do know, the cat may have been hit by a car fairly close to the OPs house and it was easier for the cat to crawl that far than back home. The fact that the cat was in such good condition otherwise suggests that the owner did care.

All kinds of suggestions went through my head. But I always come back to one conclusion..that the owner is elderly. Maybe that's why ginger lately spend so much time here. He would literally be asleep on our sofa all day sometimes ten want der off and be back again tomorrow.

I guess we shouldn't have allowed him to get comfy here but he was mates with our cat who died in June so we would just feed ginger aswell as fluffy at the same time.

His fur is too Good and yu could feel his healthy muscles and no flab when rubbing him. I didnt see any lost pet posters up as of yet.

He comes down a long wall that stretches to he top of my road with back gardens to another Street, I am convinced that he comes from kilfenora road.

• Advertisement

They would have shaved his leg to put a drip in, it doesnt hurt at all and it grows back really quick, he does look a bit shook poor fella. But he is safe now and being given proper medical attention and he wont be in pain.

The little boxes they have them in are a grand size, be nice for him to rest after being rescued.

I guess the photo was taken the day he was taken? I bet he is looking alot better now. My ma will ring them today

I guess the photo was taken the day he was taken? I bet he is looking alot better now. My ma will ring them today

Im sure he is. Let us know how he is getting on.

Advertisement