Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos

Options
  • 27-01-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere Dublin 6 or nearby to get a 10 month old passport photos taken, we've had them done in a couple of pharmacies now and they were rejected by the passport office as they said there wasn't enough contrast in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

goose06 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere Dublin 6 or nearby to get a 10 month old passport photos taken, we've had them done in a couple of pharmacies now and they were rejected by the passport office as they said there wasn't enough contrast in them.

Goose I got my toddler's done in the chemist in nutgrove shopping centre....I think it's called "lloyds". I got my own ones done in "Bradley's" at the kcr and they told me they do children's pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Millem wrote: »
    Goose I got my toddler's done in the chemist in nutgrove shopping centre....I think it's called "lloyds". I got my own ones done in "Bradley's" at the kcr and they told me they do children's pictures.

Thanks might try nutgrove, Bradley's was one of the ones that the pictures were rejected from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

You could try doing them yourself at home. We have done that in the past and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

cocoman wrote: »
    You could try doing them yourself at home. We have done that in the past and it worked.

How did you print those?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks might try nutgrove, Bradley's was one of the ones that the pictures were rejected from

Oh no :(
    I brought in the sheet with me into lloyds that gives examples of pictures. We had to do sooo many takes!! My boy got an emergency passport so thank god the photos were accepted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

How did you print those?
    Brought the sd card into a kodak (or fuji?) place that printed them to the required size.
    Took loads of pics and just selected the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

We got ours done in Conn's Cameras on Clarendon Street. Took 10 minutes and they were accepted by the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

We did our baby's ourselves too. She was 14/16 weeks old at the time and it was hard enough to get something that was acceptable.
    We were advised to give her a feed and make sure she was sitting down with a full tummy (apparently it makes them have a better face for the photos), to put a white sheet over an arm chair and put her sitting on that well propped up but making sure that none of the cushions, etc could be seen.
    Then while one person is taking the picture have another stand behind them drawing the baby's attention to their face.

It took a few attempts but I took the card to the Fuji self print place in the middle of Liffey Valley and the man who runs it picked the best picture for us and printed them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We've also done ours ourselves.

When you take the photos there's a few websites out there that allow you to upload the photos to and manipulate in a template which shows you where the top of the head, chin etc should be.

I think this is one of the ones we used to make sure the kids photos were fine, http://www.idphoto4you.com/ and we never had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

We took ours ourselves against a white sheet, and conns cameras edited for us, and they were accepted by the passport office - that was for a two month old though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

I did mine myself. Caught him just after a nap so he was relaxed enough. Put him lying against a white pillow and got it first time luckily. We then went to Harvey Norman and printed ourselves. The ones from Lloyds were atrocious, could see hands under his armpits etc. We couldn't risk getting the photos rejected so mine worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I did mine myself too, although he was only 2 weeks old at the time, so had enough trouble getting him with his eyes open. I then had them printed out,

I tried a couple of online passport photo checkers as it would let you know if the contrast is OK etc ( https://www.passports.govt.nz/Online-Photo-Checker is the one I used). This one said his eyes were closed, but that was it, and it was accepted by both the Irish and NZ passport offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

When we got our baby girls done she was 14 weeks old and we went to a Hickeys pharmacy. They put a white sheet down on the ground and took a photo of her lying down, so no head cocking or hands holding her up from underneath. Main thing was getting her to close her mouth. The best ones had her mouth slightly open and they weren't rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Also did them myself. Son was 10 days old so our local Kodak shop gave us a big white card to lay him on. So stressful! Trying to get the pics to specification is hard with babies! At least at home you can keep trying until you get it right and then bring them to be printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Had to do ours ourselves too. She just wouldn't sit still int'he chemist.

We wedged her into a seat, strapped her down and took about 1000 pictures. Lucky I'm handy with Photoshop, I adjusted the size to the correct passport photo dimensions. I just printed 4 of them off in boots and cut them out.

Advertisement