Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn Three Connections Into One

Options
  • 27-01-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have a horizon box, and used some power line and a second modem to get signal upstairs, and I have a Belkin signal range booster that i'd like to use in the attic.

The problem is that each devices appears on the connections list as three separate connections, which would be fine except some rooms get better signal from different connections and it becomes a pain with wireless devices,

Can anybody tell me what I have to synchronize all three so that they appear as one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Replicate the SSID exactly over all access points
    Replicate the PSK(Password) exactly over all access points
    Use WPA2 on all...

Set the APs to use DIFFERENT channels though, or they'll degrade each other.

Your devices will then roam *reasonably* smothly, but its rarely super smooth without much more expensive commercial equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ED E wrote: »
    Your devices will then roam *reasonably* smothly, but its rarely super smooth without much more expensive commercial equipment.

Windows roaming, good.
    Android roaming, ok.
    IOS/OSX roaming, bad, really needs forced handoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Android will depend on the firmware, some handsets have the threshold wayyyy too low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The latest Apple devices handle it much better than Android

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

use channels 1 6 and 11 for good separation

• Advertisement
Advertisement