Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting bluetooth headphones to a PC?

Options
  • 27-01-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

How's it done? I see no bluetooth thingy in device manger....I went to services(local) and set handsfree service/support service running but still nothing......what makes the connection? is it soundcard/motherboard/OS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'd say you don't have a Bluetooth adapter in your computer if there's nothing listed in Device Manager. Could get something like this
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/asus-usbbt400-bluetooth-usb-adapter/317380/402.0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'd say you don't have a Bluetooth adapter in your computer if there's nothing listed in Device Manager. Could get something like this
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/asus-usbbt400-bluetooth-usb-adapter/317380/402.0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

FanadMan wrote: »

Bit pricey that for an iddy biddy dongle.....I'll do some searching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just because Bluetooth doesn't show in Device Manager doesn't mean your machine doesn't have the h/w installed. I don't normally use BT so it's switched off most of the time and when I checked Device Manager, it's not listed but as soon as I powered it up, it shows in Device Manager.

Check your machine specs., Bluetooth may be installed but just needs to be powered up by a key combination. Check the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

Most of the Bluetooth devices are now plug and play. If you have bought a device that does require its driver, there should be a UMD (a small disk) inside the package. Install it and you'll be good to go.

fad460 wrote: »
    Most of the Bluetooth devices are now plug and play. If you have bought a device that does require its driver, there should be a UMD (a small disk) inside the package. Install it and you'll be good to go.

No drivers with the headphones, it picked up the DAB radio in another room no problem......but the PC is not picking up any device, tried alot of suggestions from searching the net, hidden devices in device manager scan new hardware and legacy devices, nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've used many different BT headphones and none have needed drivers, the whole point of Bluetooth is that any device can connect or Pair using the standards laid down in the particular version, Version 2+ is required for A2DP (BT Stereo Audio and control).

If you post the make/model of your computer we could probably help further ? Usually if BT hardware is installed and you haven't purposely turned it off then you should see the icon next to the clock in the SysTray at the bottom right of your screen. If it's not there then you probably don't have the hardware.

As with anything electronic, you get what you pay for. The dongle here should work fine and is very low profile.

Ken

Ended up getting the Asus adapter from PC world, it's USB4 backwards compatible my motherboards an Asus so I figured why not pay the bit extra......anyway worked flawlessly straight away

• Advertisement
Advertisement