Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally unjust ban

Options
  • 27-01-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I was completely unjustifiably banned for a week from the Electrical forum for "Trolling".

My crime was to correctly state that what a moderator claimed was a breach of the Wiring Rules was in fact only in an Informative Appendix to the Wiring Rules, which are specifically stated within the Wiring Rules to not form any part thereof. Only Normative Appendices form part of the Wiring Rules, and as such an Informative Appendix is guidance and not in any way mandatory or enforceable.

Nonetheless 2011 saw fit to ban me for this simple statement.

Absolutely outrageous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Here was the post in question:

[2011]
    "3) According to the current regulations a socket circuit should not feed more than two rooms (a hall does not count as a room). Again this would not be a concern to me once the circuit was not overloaded. I have seen RECI inspectors ignore this during inspections (then again I have seen them ignore some appalling breaches of regulations ). As above, this is something that I could only make a call on by seeing it."

[Risteard81]
    "Again you are wrongly attacking RECI (the only show in town).

"This is listed in an Informative Appendix to the Wiring Rules, and as such does not form part of them. Therefore there is no requirement to follow this guidance - and RECI are completely correct to highlight this point."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per step 1 in this process, please attempt to resolve this issue via PM with the Mod.

If you both cannot sort it out, then come back here & I will look into it further.

tHB

My PM to 2011 (the Mod in question) has not been answered in over 48 hours.

This is now 3 days into a completely unjust 7 day ban. When will action be taken?

Hi there. Apologies for the delay. Real life matters & the fact that there is quite an amount of history to this issue have meant that I have been unable to respond before now. I hope to get back to this later this evenng

• Advertisement

Hi Risteard81:

Do you have any update on your attempt to resolve this with the mod via PM? As this avenue is still possible I'd suggest following this up first.

Thanks,

tHB

Hi Risteard81:

Do you have any update on your attempt to resolve this with the mod via PM? As this avenue is still possible I'd suggest following this up first.

Thanks,

tHB
    I have still had no response to my PM.

Regards,
    Risteard

Hi Risteard81:

Can you please let me know if this matter has been resolved by your recent PM convo with the mod?

Thanks,

tHB

Hi Risteard81:

Can you please let me know if this matter has been resolved by your recent PM convo with the mod?

Thanks,

tHB
    It has been resolved.

Kind regards,
    Risteard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement